With a platform reach of over 20 million users in over 200 countries and a 5-star App Store rating, Tinybeans is on a mission to help families create real connections with each other and with tailored resources to help them thrive.
Every day millions of people including celebrities, politicians, and high-profile families rely on Tinybeans as their primary platform for capturing and sharing their children’s life stories while engaging in valuable and personalized content to help them in the journey of parenting.
Your Part in Our Mission:
As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills.
Every day we get messages from our users telling us how much Tinybeans means to them. We need your help to spread the word to the world and impact families globally. What we do is change families - It’s strengthening their connections with one another, it’s celebrating their children’s growth, it’s celebrating parents’ efforts, it’s re-imagining how families remember their stories.
How You Can Make an Impact:
- Designing across all Tinybeans’ products: iOS and Android apps, web, and email
- Taking a project from inception to implementation, including wireframes, prototypes, user-testing, high-fidelity mocks, and writing specifications that describe the user experience to stakeholders
- Producing multiple concepts and variations; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fidelity sketches
- Effectively communicate ideas and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Designing with hypotheses in mind, iterating, testing, and measuring to find the best solution
- Collaborating with engineers to ensure designs are buildable
- Improving and adding components to our design system
- Keeping current with design trends and best practices; exploring new ideas and technologies to advance the Tinybeans’ brand
- Being a team player who is a partner to engineers and product managers, operating without ego - and having fun along the way
- Sharing your work early and often, but also are able to confidently take ownership of a problem and work independently
- Caring deeply about the needs of users (parents and families are our bread and butter)
- Utilizing data to make design decisions and seeking pixel-perfect designs
- Prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines
- You nerd out over product design and have an ongoing desire to learn
- Love pushing the boundaries of design and dreaming big
What You Bring to the Table:
- An online portfolio that demonstrates creativity and expertise in ux, interaction design, typography, layout, and visual design
- Extraordinary ability to advocate for UI consistency and accessibility
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Web, and Email) is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly proficient in design and prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment. (Tinybeans office is located in NYC, however, working remotely full-time is an option)
- Bonus points for experience in user testing
- Bonus points for experience in animation and interaction design
What We Provide You With:
- Competitive compensation + yearly stock options
- Health, dental, vision, and 401K
- Generous time off policy + 10 holidays
- Work from home flexibility
- Welcome you to be part of a publicly-traded company with global reach
- A playful team that supports one another like family