UpKeep is revolutionizing the way businesses maintain, manage, and repair their facilities and equipment. We’re a Series B SaaS startup with 100 remote team members around the world. We’ve raised $50M in venture capital funding and recently surpassed 10,000 customers! UpKeep quickly became the #1 cloud-based maintenance and asset management software application by constantly innovating and always putting our customers first.
We celebrate our inclusive culture and strive to create a diverse and equitable workplace where everyone is treated with kindness and respect.
What you'll do:
- Work with Product and Engineering to define product strategy
- Design cohesive experiences that solve user problems
- Solicit design feedback from peers, stakeholders, and users, and then iterate based on learnings
- Identify product opportunities that maximize value for our customers and business
- Collaborate with other designers to scale and maintain a design system
- Build a holistic understanding of the business, industry, and competitors
- Conduct user interviews, observations, and usability tests
- Facilitate cross-functional discovery/design workshops
- Work with Customer Success to establish a customer feedback → product backlog pipeline
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of product/UX/UI design experience across web and mobile
- Ability to communicate design ideas via sketches, wireframes, and prototypes
- Experience using Figma to create prototypes and hi-fidelity designs
- Experience marrying UX/interaction design with pixel-perfect visual design
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to present to large groups
- Ability to own long-term design projects, while also implementing iterative checkpoints to consistently deliver value
- Growth mindset - not afraid to make mistakes, try new things, and keep learning!
- Technical enough to discuss implementation details with engineers
In this full-time position, you'll receive top-notch benefits such as equity/stock options, paid holidays, 12-week parental leave, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401k, and affordable medical, dental, vision and mental health insurance options. We value a work/life balance and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
UpKeep was founded by our CEO, Ryan Chan, from an idea he had while working as a process engineer in a manufacturing plant. He believed a cloud-based, mobile-first software solution could drastically improve the workflow and productivity of maintenance teams, technicians, and facility managers. He was determined to build on this vision— so he learned how to code and created the first version of UpKeep in 2014.
Today, we’re simplifying and modernizing work orders for half a million people in over 50 countries. Our 100+ team members are focused on ensuring UpKeep is the smartest and easiest-to-use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software available. We have customers in industries like manufacturing, food production, education, healthcare, property management, hospitality, energy, and transportation. In addition to providing data-driven insights and reporting, UpKeep gives users the ability to manage tasks and teams on-the-go.
Top VC’s including Insight Partners, Emergence Capital, and Mucker have confidently backed us since we graduated from Y Combinator in 2017. Here’s an interesting fact: Only 1% of all software venture capital is invested in the deskless workforce, yet 80% of the global workforce is not sitting at a desk. That’s over 100 million people in the U.S. alone! We’re committed to empowering those underserved deskless workers.
Company culture and employee appreciation are very important to us, which is why we've been named a "Best Place to Work" by Inc. Magazine and Built in LA.
Interested in learning more?
$36M Series B:
UpKeep Slack Community:
UpKeep Technologies Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected category. Please let us know if you need any accommodation due to a disability. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and will always strive to create a diverse and equitable workplace by hiring people from all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.