Timescale is looking for an experienced Product Manager with a track record of success shipping software infrastructure or SaaS products.This is an exciting opportunity to join an early-stage company with a clear set of products on the horizon. We need you to help us think tactically and move strategically so we can meet our ambitious goals and build the next great database business. If you have experience in product management and want a role where you can have a direct and immediate impact on a fast growing startup serving developers worldwide, then this is the role for you.
Note: In your cover letter, please tell us 1 thing you like about our current product offering, and 1 thing you would improve.
- Work with our founders and product/engineering team to craft product strategy, define roadmap, prioritize bugs, and ship new releases
- Gather product ideas from users, as well as from the engineering, design, sales, marketing teams
- Generate new product ideas based on first principles, the state-of-the-art, and macro trends
- Work with the marketing team for messaging, positioning, and launch activities
- Discover and define business cases for new market opportunities
- Serve as the connective tissue between engineering, design, marketing, sales, and other stakeholders, proactively communicating product questions and decisions
- 3+ years of proven track record in product management, ideally working on a developer-centric product
- Good understanding of infrastructure software or SaaS products
- Direct experience with and deep knowledge of the open-source data software ecosystem is a plus
- Technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Superlative spoken and written communication skills
- Focus on output and getting things done
- Ability to work on very tactical to very strategic work back-to-back
- Experience exerting influence without direct authority
- Passionate about making developers successful
- Empathy for users and customers
- Computer Science or Technical degree much preferred
Time Series data is everywhere, and Timescale is helping developers and companies make sense of it.
Businesses worldwide trust TimescaleDB for mission-critical applications from industries as varied as manufacturing, finance, utilities, telecom, mining, ad tech, oil & gas, and the smart home. Applications built on TimescaleDB include complex monitoring systems, IoT, industrial machine data analysis, geospatial asset tracking, operational data warehousing, and financial risk management; via the edge, on-premise, and cloud deployments.
The team is entirely remote and is backed by top tier investors, including Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Icon Ventures, and Two Sigma Ventures.