Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Upwork Payments team oversees over $1.7 billion in payments and payouts per year in 180 countries and supports complete order to revenue capabilities. The team handles orders, subscriptions, billing, invoicing, revenue recognition, taxes, shopping cart, payments, restricted party screening and compliance for the entire customer life cycle on a single platform.
We are looking for an outstanding product manager to help build and scale the payments platform and our strategic capabilities including alternative payment options, real-time funds disbursement and global currency and country support!
- You will closely work with design, engineering and other partners in scoping different solutions, writing user-stories and preparing the organization for product launches
- Build entirely new experiences that address the emerging needs of Upwork’s largest and most demanding customers.
- You will lead with a compelling vision that motivates and drives dedication across the organization.
- Take ownership of the results, track critical metrics and use them to drive decision-making about what's next
- You will tackle long-standing and difficult user problems by breaking down many of the fundamental assumptions that went into the design of Upwork’s payments system.
- You'll deeply understand & keep up to date on the global market, which payment trends are meaningful, what the competitive landscape looks like & how the freelancer marketplace markets are evolving and industry dynamics.
What it takes to catch our eye
- 3-4 years of product management experience
- Excellent product management skills with a proven track record in understanding customer needs, working across a variety of functional teams, developing solutions, and launching products that impact growth.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the adeptness to influence and communicate effectively.
- You have a strong focus on the customer as well as the business, coupled with an ability to learn, respond to feedback and grow. We’re looking for people who thrive on learning new domains and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions.
- Experience working on APIs and large scale, complex platform products is desirable
- Experience in billing/payments/financial systems is a strong plus
How to really knock our socks off:
- An analytical mindset and the ability to break down complicated problems, dive into data and derive actionable insights.
- Technically strong with CS or Engineering degree or prior experience in Engineering.
- You're a problem solver that inspires and motivates others.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.