Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in engineering, data, design, marketing, product, and more. Our global professional community boasts 78,000 course alumni, and 20,000 instructors and mentors. GA’s Enterprise Team helps companies to cultivate top tech talent, and transform their business through strategic learning. We’ve partnered with over 40 Fortune 100 companies, and more than 50,000 employees at premier companies worldwide have honed their skills with our enterprise training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a product marketing manager to help shape go-to-market strategies for General Assembly’s consumer and enterprise products. You’ll join a small but mighty product marketing team that’s tasked with deeply understanding our users, generating customer insights to inform product strategy, leading product launch efforts, and telling our story to prospective customers through our website, marketing, and sales channels.
Product marketing is a highly cross-functional role at GA that partners closely with Product, Sales, Customer Success, Creative, Marketing Technology, and many senior business stakeholders. You’ll focus on developing the positioning, messaging, and overall communication roadmap for GA’s products, but will flex across the entire product lifecycle from helping to shape product development, to planning successful launches, to growing adoption for our existing portfolio.
The ideal candidate is someone with the ability to clearly articulate the value and benefits of complex products in easily understood, compelling language, and act as a thought partner to product and marketing stakeholders on diverse initiatives and campaigns. We value the ability of our teammates to think strategically as well as roll up their sleeves to manage execution. This is a fast-paced role, so the candidate should be able to balance crafting a crisp message while moving quickly to achieve results.
- Develop positioning and messaging for new and existing products by understanding competitive drivers, researching market trends, and aggregating the needs of GA’s customers.
- Ensure Sales and Marketing teams have the information and collateral needed to drive growth through their channels, by developing sales tools and content like landing pages, pitch decks, product one-pagers, case studies, FAQs, and sales presentations.
- Tell our story through the development of creative assets and marketing collateral including white papers, videos, blogs, and webinars, in partnership with content production teams.
- Deliver ongoing product education to prospects, customers, and our internal team through formal trainings and other forums.
- Serve as a thought partner to internal stakeholders on the Product, Marketing, and Sales Leadership teams for strategic initiatives and campaigns.
- Manage product launches, brief content and design teams, and ensure our unique value proposition is represented consistently across sales and marketing collateral.
- Develop relationships with customers in order to document success stories, evangelize new products and receive direct feedback on positioning, features and perceived value.
- 3+ years in product marketing or a closely related field such as content marketing, sales enablement, or customer success — preferably within technology or education.
- A strategic thinker who loves getting into the weeds to solve complex problems, and who can synthesize large volumes of information to attain clarity and make clear decisions.
- Strong customer focus and experience using customer insights and market research to inform marketing strategies.
- A born writer and creator who can produce customer-facing content that is compelling and on-brand, and can guide creative partners to add polish.
- Ability to influence across highly cross-functional teams, manage senior stakeholders, and represent the voice of the customer in various forums.
- A drive for results and excellent judgement combined with honed product sense.
- Project management skills, a data-driven and detail-oriented approach.
- A great teammate — someone who can collaborate, ingest good ideas from wherever they originate, and quickly build trust and mutual respect.
- A passion for GA’s mission, and the ability to serve as a vocal brand evangelist.