What we do:
Outstanding ideas need outstanding execution. CobbleWeb works closely with digital entrepreneurs and forward-thinking companies to design, develop, test and launch scalable web platforms and mobile-friendly applications for online marketplaces.
Our performance-oriented approach is based on Lean Startup methodology and Agile principles, which put users at the centre of a transparent development process. By combining rapid iteration (via MVPs) with in-depth analysis of performance metrics and user feedback, we empower our clients to make informed decisions about their product evolution and tech stack.
Our goal is to help marketplace startups stay within budget, prove product-market fit, gain competitive advantages, and as a result grow their businesses successfully. This approach has helped our clients grow their revenue from zero to hundreds of millions of pounds and raise millions in funding from investors.
What we are looking for:
Quality makes the software world go round! We’re looking for an experienced QA Engineer to be the lead advocate for software and system integrity across all our online marketplace development projects.
Your sound knowledge of software development and test design, together with strong analytical and communication skills, will help our teams mitigate risk and deliver best-in-class solutions to our clients.
Our ideal candidate will be familiar with manual and automated software testing protocols and tools, as well as cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services.
Why work with us?
If software is eating the world, then online marketplaces are gobbling up e-commerce. CobbleWeb’s successful development of more than twenty high-growth marketplaces over the past few years is a reflection of the phenomenal growth of this business model - forecast to be worth $7 trillion by 2024. Our clients include multinationals like Atos, established platforms like FanPass and MobyPark, and up-and-coming startups such as Nestify, SoShop and Affordable Art Fair.At CobbleWeb, we believe creativity and excellence are contagious. That’s why our people are the heartbeat of our company. Our London, UK headquartered company is able to produce high-quality outcomes due to a close-knit team of dedicated subject experts situated across the world. We built our company on remote work principles from day one so that we can work with the best and brightest while promoting a better work-life balance.As part of our globally distributed team you will enjoy exposure to the latest web technologies and online business models. Say goodbye to boredom - the unique challenges of each project will trigger a constant adrenaline rush as we search for innovative out-of-the-box solutions that produce real results for our clients.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, which include Product, Design, Mobile and Server specialists
- Work closely with development teams during sprints to:
- ensure applications are tested to predefined levels of acceptance
- ensure deliveries are in line with functional specifications (manual testing)
- perform visual testing of deliveries (manual testing)
- Write and execute automation scripts for both functional and regression tests
- Set up test automation tools to run non-functional tests
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and test software
- Adopt and adhere to development processes
Our expectations of you:
- 3+ years experience as a QA Engineer
- QA experience within a digital platform environment (online marketplace, SaaS, or enterprise-level e-commerce)
- Solid understanding of where and when automated testing fits into the Software Development Life Cycle, taking into account Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- A strong background in manual test techniques
- Experience with automation tools such as Cypress, Mocha, Jest, and Nightwatch
- Experience working with and testing REST APIs
- Recommended: experience with test management tools such as Xray or Zephyr
- Uncompromising commitment to quality
- Obsessive attention to detail
- A can-do, proactive approach to problem solving
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Strong technical aptitude (i.e. able to quickly grasp technical documentation and execute procedures; a demonstrated understanding of system documentation)
- A strong work ethic with flexibility to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
- Committed and supportive team player
- Customer focused and result oriented
When you start: ASAP (Full time remote job)
Type of contract:
- Full remote position
- Fixed working time
- Paid holidays
THIS JOB IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR AGENCIES AND FREELANCERS.