About the job
Thanks for checking out our job posting for the role of React Developer at PerchPeek. You’ve already taken a tiny step towards being a part of our team - huzzah!
We know that taking your next career step is as exciting as it can be scary. So, with that in mind, we’ve tried to keep our description simple to help you decide if PerchPeek and this role are a good match for you.
We’ve tried to avoid using too many clichés but sometimes they sum it nicely, so you’ll just have to wince and forgive us.
Who are PerchPeek?
Have you ever tried to move home before? Did you manage to do it without swearing or rolling your eyes at some point in the process? Didn’t think so... That’s because no matter where in the world you go it’s a crappy process that’s always time intensive and stressful.
PerchPeek was conceived to change that. Whether it’s moving to a different city or different country, PerchPeek’s aim is to help people find the perfect home in a neighbourhood they’ll love.
Our fundamental belief is that we can use technology to make moving simpler, faster, more secure and even enjoyable .By combining our awesome AI platform with our even more awesome Support Squad we help people throughout their journey.
We start with helping them decide where to live and only finish when they are settled into their new home and community. You can find out more by checking out our website.
What’s next for PerchPeek?
We know what you’re thinking - surely nobody is relocating at the moment? Well, you’re partly right, Covid-19 certainly threw some interesting curveballs our way.
But we’ve continued to hit some fantastic home runs and over the past 6 months have actually expanded our operations into 45 countries and counting. (Normal startup protocol would dictate that we put a rocket emoji in at this point, but we promised minimal cliches)
From a Product Point of View, now we have:
- Our amazing customer app (available on iOS and Android)
- Business Dashboard for Corporate Users
- Operations Platform (live but we're constantly improving!).
Along with these we have a bunch of services (and our website, blog etc.) we maintain to ensure that our customers are happy and satisfied.
Currently we only have one (amazing!) front-end developer. By expanding our frontend development team, we want to further improve our service and provide our customers with an amazing experience. Here’s a brief overview of what the React Developer will be doing:
The core objective for this role:
Developing and Maintaining web applications for both our business and consumer users. Everything you do will underpin this objective so if it’s not on the list, but you can think of it, then it’s likely you’ll be doing it!
Here are the basics though:
- Writing reusable, testable, maintainable and efficient code in ReactJS;
- Work with Product manager, CTO, other developers and UI designers;
- Build modular and responsive code;
- Integrate with our backend API;
- You’ll support our Chief Technology Officer in measuring how happy our customers and business users are
A couple of additional areas to note:
We know you have a life beyond work and we work hard to make sure that our team has the right balance but it would be remiss for us not to add at this stage that you may need to provide cover and work shifts outside of normal business hours such as weekends and bank holidays.
We want you to contribute to other areas that interest you too. We are a young startup and “Think Big’ is one of core values, so you’ll have the opportunity to drive the business forward in areas beyond tech too.
Finally, if you excel, there’s a great opportunity to lead the team as it grows in the future.
You should join us if:
Our core values align to your own values. These really matter to us, so we need them to matter to you too.
Before you consider applying, please take the time to think whether you’re ready to commit to each of them every day.
In terms of the type of person we’re looking for:
- Customer Obsessed
- Organised & Efficient
- Relentlessly Focused on Delivery
- Logical Thinker
- At least 1 year commercial experience in React
- Experience in using Redux (or similar) for stage management
- Testing experience using Jest/Enzyme/Detox
- Strong OOP Skills
- Understanding of design patterns
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Working knowledge of GIT version control
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skills with a track record of being able tomultitask and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts in a simple manner.
- Highly attentive with a very keen eye for detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving with the mental acuity to solve end-to-endproblems.
- Comfortable working autonomously and has previously demonstrated a strong level of comfort in driving projects forward, but is equally a team player through and through
Though we are not looking for React Native experience, if you have it that would be ideal.
What are the PerchPerks?
- We provide super competitive salaries and regular reviews
- Unlimited holidays so that when you’re working you’re charged up bringing your A-game
- Annual $2k learning & development budget - So you can get some structured and proactive growth outside of the office
- Flexible working - Historically we’ve been based in a trendy Shoreditch office with PerchPeekers also able to flexible work from anywhere. Owing to Covid-19 our future office space is still tbc but no matter where we go next, our ethos of flexibility will always remain. We are open to completely remote roles.
- Time spent turning colleagues into friends (corny but we don’t care) - Weekly socials, quarterly team days and an annual reTREAT
- Experience growing an early stage startup that’s raised over $3m in VC funding and getting to work with a strong Founding Team that care about culture
- Free stuffed Perchies (parrots) and parrot themed games
- If there’s something else you need support on, we’re open to discussions too