Canonical is seeking an engaging recruiter with an exceptional eye for emerging talent to join our team.
Life at Canonical is anything but corporate. As a company that exists to support Ubuntu, one of today’s most important open source projects, we are changing the world on a daily basis. It’s a collaborative environment, but one in which every member of the team takes personal responsibility for everything they produce.
Canonical provides a unique window into the world of 21st-century digital business. We work with smart individuals from a wide range of professional backgrounds in more than 40 countries worldwide, bringing together distinct and diverse perspectives to contribute to the advancement of state-of-the-art technical infrastructure. Our team is united by a passion for open engineering and a commitment to crisp, reliable execution which enables us to exceed our customers’ expectations when it comes to next-generation open source technology.
As a remote-first global company, our recruitment team supports the development of a global workforce, seeking out the best talent across the globe. We’re a lean operation, committed to rapidly identifying and engaging with the most exceptional candidates regardless of geographical location.
Recruiters are key representatives of Canonical’s talent brand, and are called upon to represent and deliver our unique employment value proposition to prospective talent coming from many different backgrounds and cultures.
Working in our global workspace, knowing where to look for top talent is just as important as strong communication skills. Novel sourcing strategies, deep understanding of the international talent market and respect for cultural differences all contribute to the success of our recruitment team.
What you’ll do:
- Become a top-tier representative of Canonical in the global labor market by promoting our company and our opportunities
- Interview and qualify candidates for interest, cultural fit, availability, and compatibility.
- Elevate our candidate evaluation practices - help us make better decisions faster
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies to reach untapped talent on a global scale
- Proactive outreach to deepen our talent pipeline
- Manage and coordinate an efficient, responsive, and compliant recruitment process and workflow
- Review and streamline internal processes and tools - embrace lean operations and drive continuous improvement
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree (minimum), preferably in engineering or science or psychology
- Past Technical, Cloud or Sales experience - you can hold engaging conversations about programming languages, cloud technologies, sales or software development processes
- Self-directed, organized, a problem solver, with a strong sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize and meet goals and deadlines
- Flexible & adaptable - able to consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced changing work environment
- Great written and verbal communication skills, work integrity, and honesty
- Experience liaising with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Familiar with full cycle recruiting processes and willing to jump in wherever help is needed
- Working knowledge of ATS tools, sites and technologies (Greenhouse preferred)
- Experience supporting international recruitment
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.