Hi, I'm Sonja, Director of Operations at Customer.io.
We're looking for someone to join the Operations Team as our Recruiter & Onboarding Specialist! We are a team of six people supporting all parts of the business and are looking for someone who is passionate about finding and onboarding our newest team members while also continuously looking for ways to improve some of our people processes.
As a Recruiter at Customer.io, you are the first person our future team members encounter. You're putting a face to our company, and making a memorable first impression through a great candidate experience. By fostering an inclusive hiring plan, building up a diverse pipeline for future openings, and guiding our team through the hiring process, you'll work closely with hiring managers, our People Operations Manager, and me to anticipate our hiring needs. As an Onboarding Specialist, you'll be helping our newest team members get to know their co-workers, our company, and our product - all while they are settling into their new role.
Customer.io is a remote-first, globally distributed company. Our team of 61 is located across 14 countries. This means you'll also be hiring and onboarding people all over the world through synchronous and asynchronous communication. We put a strong emphasis on effective communication skills, project management, and creative thinkers. In other words - you are vital to growing Customer.io's culture and values while building a successful team.
Applications for this role will be accepted until 5pm PDT on September 10th. There is no advantage to applying early, so take the time to make your best impression.
As a Recruiter and Onboarding Specialist at Customer.io, you will...
- Own the full-cycle recruiting process from identifying talent needs through onboarding, utilizing various tools and apps to make data-driven hiring decisions, and to provide insights to hiring managers and our people team.
- Guide our hiring teams through the recruiting process, ensuring best practices are being followed by developing robust sourcing plans with hiring managers, coaching interviewing teams, and communicating in an empathetic way with all candidates.
- Onboard new team members in a way that is thoughtful and welcoming, ensuring they have what they need to succeed, helping them acclimate to their new role, and setting the whole team up for a smooth transition.
- Develop our annual hiring plan, execute on the plan, and recommend adjustments as needed.
- Continuously develop a strong, diverse pipeline by sourcing passive candidates and building relationships for current and future roles.
- Participate in our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work, and use this lens to drive improvements to our recruiting, hiring, and onboarding practices.
We're looking for someone who has...
- Hired globally distributed teams, including APAC or similar.
- Built up a diverse pipeline.
- Experience hiring for technical and management roles.
- Worked with recruiting firms for executive-level searches.
Ideal, but not required, you
- Are located in the N. American Eastern or S. American timezones.
- Have published blogs or articles about your approach to hiring and onboarding.
- Have experience in SaaS or similar startup.
While this is the experience our ideal recruiter would have, they are not required. If this role interests and excites you, but you don't have all the experience listed above - please apply and tell us about that in your cover letter.
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 1,700 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $80,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- 20 days PTO - we offer 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 6 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year - we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
We work hard to build a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment where everyone has the opportunity to learn and grow. Diverse teams create better products and stronger companies, and we encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!