We’re SwissBorg, a fintech startup headquartered in Switzerland, with offices in Tallinn, Toronto and London.
We’re here to revolutionize personal finance by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Andorra or Zimbabwe, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
Our Community App has completed a very successful first year educating 150,000+ users about Bitcoin investing in a fun gamified format. It also serves as a gateway to our recently launch Wealth app, which offers the best price and liquidity across the biggest number of fiat and crypto trading pairs. But that’s just the start.
And this is where you come in...
What you’ll be doing
Collaborating closely with our Product, iOS and Backend teams, you'll be building a new Community App experience for Android with more features and functionality! We envision the Community App to ultimately play an integral role in the SwissBorg ecosystem by introducing new users to our brand and serve as a central hub for our greater SwissBorg community.
You'll be involved with the development and evolution of our apps using clear and maintainable code with Unit/UI tests. You'll also be contributing by implementing best practices to ensure app reliability and security, fixing bugs, and refactoring the code base when necessary. Since we're operating in one of the most innovative spaces in the world, you'll also have plenty of opportunity to stay up to date on new Android technologies while evaluating the right technology to use in our products!
It's a big challenge, but no one said building great things was going to be easy. However, it does help that you will be doing this alongside a kick-ass team packed with people old enough to know the ropes, but young enough to believe we can change everything!
So, are you on board? Awesome. For reference, here’s what we think you may look like:
- Live anywhere in a European time zone. Full remote is ok.
- Solid experience (3+ years) in developing Android native apps with Kotlin
- Knowledge of Rx (RxJava / RxKotlin), OkHttp, Retrofit & Moshi is a plus
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle
- Strong UX/UI design skills and the care to develop world-class user interfaces
- Experience with encryption, cryptography standards and securing Android app is a plus
- Previous experience working remotely is a plus
- The ability to propose, listen and accept constructive feedback
- Bias-to-action, you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Strong communication skills, comfortable working with teams from diverse backgrounds
What, you need more reasons, besides the opportunity to change the world of finance while having fun? Ok, ok, here are some:
- Freedom to build up the company that you’ve dreamed of
- Learn with (cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business
- Very competitive salary and bonus based on our meritocratic system
- Flexible work hours
- Continuous learning and development opportunities