Tumblr launched in 2007 with the belief that people need a place to say what they want, be who they want, and connect over what they love. We continue to build out Tumblr as a platform for free expression, individuality, and human connection. That’s why we need intelligent, low ego, funny people to keep Tumblr growing. We’re big enough to give you the resources you need and still small enough that you can work on things that matter. Come work with us.
Tumblr is looking for a Sales Account Manager to join our newly re-established direct sales team. As Sales Account Manager, you will work closely with a team of Sales Directors across multiple advertising clients, to support their pre-sale efforts through to post-sale campaign execution and wrap-up. As an early member of our growing Los Angeles team, you will also be a critical part of crafting our story, shaping our culture, strategy, and product roadmap.
- Partner with Account Directors on creating compelling sales materials and RFP proposals for active prospecting, meetings and general sales activities
- Collaborate with client/agency to understand their marketing objectives and developing impactful campaigns leveraging knowledge of Tumblr ad products and Creatr solutions
- Lead client communications from kick-off to reporting wrap-up, with a customer-centric approach and eye towards renewals
- Oversee the execution, optimization, and analysis of advertising programs using internal tools and dashboards
- Serve as key contact and knowledge source for multiple clients, agency partners and internal teams before, during and after campaigns
- Help shape Tumblr's native ads product roadmap, for mobile and in general, by aggregating and sharing client feedback and campaign metrics with cross-functional stakeholders
- Resolving campaign issues in a timely and productive manner, and identifying and implementing process improvements
- 4+ years of experience in leading execution and reporting of digital advertising campaigns for Fortune 500 brands and their agencies
- Client-centric view with an insightful understanding of agency job demands, motivators, and goals;
- Deep understanding of the social media, branded content, and native advertising landscape;
- Exceptional communication, writing, and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail;
- User and community-first orientation;
- Passion and patience for building in a fast-paced and changing business environment.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1200 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.