CodeCombat is looking for a remote Sales Development Representative to drive growth by offering engaging educational solutions to schools and nonprofits. If you have experience supporting a busy org in a customer-facing role, we want to hear from you!
This is a 100% remote, full-time role. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experience levels to apply regardless of direct experience as a Sales Development Representative.
What You'll Do
- Develop and manage lead generation activities including email campaigns and outbound calling
- Respond to inbound inquiries with the goal of setting an appointment
- Conduct follow-up on leads until meetings are set
- Qualify leads through discovery calls by performing needs analysis and generating excitement that result in appointments for the Account Executive team
- Create and close low-level opportunities
- Keep detailed notes, updated account information, and a managed pipeline in Salesforce
- Achieve weekly/monthly targets (appointments, qualified leads, new leads, etc.)
Who You Are
- 1+ year of experience in a customer-facing role
- Comfortable learning new programs
- Coachable. Open to feedback and willing to experiment with new ideas
- Comfortable collaborating on a small team
- Organized and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Excited to connect with prospects in the education world–teachers, school administrators, principals, and students
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a 100% remote role
Who We Are
CodeCombat is building a new way for K-12 students and at-home learners to learn computer science, using real programming languages to explore an adventure game. Students learn how to write functions to control their hero avatars, implement puzzle-solving strategies, and code their own games. We continually research, experiment, and iterate on new ways to combine education and games for students worldwide.
We recently released Ozaria, a computer science program, an adventure game, and a fantasy story where students can master core computer science concepts. The unfolding narrative creates a powerful student-centered learning experience, with each student’s investment in Ozaria’s story paralleling the investment they are making in their own learning journey.
We are a small, tight-knit team dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance with flexible working hours. All of our team members work remotely from all around the world, with concentrations in San Francisco and Beijing.
Our work is purposeful.
We bring our personal best every day, because our game-based learning can be life-changing for young people.
Strength comes from interdependence.
We recognize that each of us is central to the mission of CodeCombat. We know our differences create strength and resilience. We engage one another with respect for who we are, not only what we do. We create community with intention, because we need each other–and because it's fun.
Kind, not just "nice".
We don't let fear of not being "nice" get in the way of the direct communication that underpins healthy relationships. We build strong connections through honest dialogue, even when the conversations are difficult.
Structure can be liberating.
Transparent processes let us focus on making the right decisions–and they create channels for diverse voices to speak. Eliminate information silos and shadow structures; create known communication channels and clear responsibilities.
We can operate at any speed.
We're thoughtful about how fast we go. We pay attention when the lights change. Sometimes we walk.
Learning and growth go hand-in-hand.
Every experience is an opportunity to learn, and our team is growing every day. When we think we know it all, it means we have more to learn.
CodeCombat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please include a cover letter with your application.