What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) is an online program for tech professionals that provides 1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help anyone land their next job. On top of that, we're built around aligned incentives. Fellows only pay when they get hired and start working at a job first.
Every day we are expanding our team and our services. We are looking for individuals who are ready to jump into a new role with us. We are a flourishing team and we really enjoy working together to improve our fellows chances of getting the jobs of their dreams! If this sounds like something you'd be interested we’d like the opportunity to get to know you more.
We seek to uplift job seekers in their careers and help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions, and livelihoods. Read more about why we’re driven to do this in our manifesto.
We’re looking to hire a full time Sales Development Representative to ensure a positive candidate experience and increase conversion of program enrollment for eligible leads. This role is a perfect fit for a high energy individual with outstanding communication skills, honed customer service and sales skills, and a passion for our mission.
This role is contract-to-hire. The interview process for this position will be an introductory call with a member of our team followed by a final interview with the Admissions team. In order to qualify for this position, we ask that you complete a brief assignment prior to the virtual onsite.
What You'll Do
- Evaluate candidates and determine if they are a good fit for the Pathrise program according to their goals and skills
- Conduct onboarding and sales calls and ensuring the prospective fellow signs the program agreement
- Respond to inquiries from candidates via email, social media, or other relevant platforms to help them along in the application process
- Provide a consultative approach to candidates wanting to join Pathrise by understanding our different offerings (e.g. explain our curriculum and program details, answer candidate questions via email and conduct informational and sales-focused phone calls)
- Work in close collaboration with our team of industry mentors
- Uphold a high standard of customer support to all candidates interested in Pathrise
- Provide an inclusive admissions experience for all candidates
Who You Are
- 1+ years of experience in a sales development, business development, recruiting, or customer service-oriented role
- Proven track record of working with various software systems including but not limited to: Salesforce, Pardot, Slack, GSuite, Asana, Airtable, as well as the ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skillsAbility to balance creative and critical thinking to act quickly and efficiently
- Collaborative, dependable, and enthusiastic both internally and with our fellows
- Proven track record of hitting monthly/quarterly KPI’s
- Exceptional time management and multitasking abilities while maintaining a customer-centric focus and meticulous attention to detail
- Passionate about Pathrise’s mission (see our manifesto)
Preferred But Not Required
- Former experience or interest in sales, admissions, mentorship, career development, and education
- Former experience or knowledge of our six industry areas: software engineering, data science, product management, product design, sales, and marketing
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Understanding of current US Visa requirements
- Base Pay: $15/hr
- Commission: average $800 - $1500+/month
- 100% remote work
- Growth opportunities (contract-to-hire role)
- Flexible working hours
Please answer the 3 short answer questions embedded in our application to be considered for the role.
Pathrise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Pathrise does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Pathrise also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Pathrise will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are also interested in the fellowship, please apply here: https://www.pathrise.com/apply.