We’re SwissBorg, a fintech startup headquartered in Switzerland, with offices in Tallinn, Toronto and London.
We’re here to revolutionize personal finance by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Andorra or Zimbabwe, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
Our Community App has completed a very successful first year educating 150,000+ users about Bitcoin investing in a fun gamified format. It also serves as a gateway to our recently launch Wealth app, which offers the best price and liquidity across the biggest number of fiat and crypto trading pairs. But that’s just the start.
And this is where you come in...
- Write server-side Scala code to build a scalable infrastructure capable of handling digital cash and crypto-currency transactions for users all around the world
- Identify requirements for backend architecture design and API with the engineering team
- Solve challenging problems in the context of finance and distributed systems
- Write rigorous automated tests and ensure code quality and documentation
- Optimize the code for performance
Skills and requirements
- Expertise in Scala
- Experience with JVM technologies, RDBMs, cloud architectures. Experience with Kafka is a plus
- Knowledge about the CQRS/Event Sourcing architecture
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial thinking - customer value should be your key driver
- Flexible, proactive, organized, detail-oriented and entrepreneurial
- Excellent English communication skills. French is a plus
- Experience in the finance industry a plus
What, you need more reasons, besides the opportunity to change the world of finance while having fun? Ok, ok, here are some:
- Freedom to build up the company that you’ve dreamed of
- Learn with (cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business
- Very competitive salary and bonus based on our meritocratic system
- We'll provide you with a Macbook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work
- Flexible work hours
- Annual team retreats with colleagues around the world.
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
Oh and are you planning on having a kid? That’s great! We have a bunch of those: you’ll get time off to enjoy that (other) adventure!
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting to the best outcomes requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.