At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer. As the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sale, and countless other critical transactions, we’re proud of our role in bringing industries into the digital age. Digital transformation at Notarize may require new products, new legislation, new partnerships, or new teams and new ways of working. We’ve never shied from doing whatever it takes to help people with life’s most important transactions, online, and we’re building the team to operate a critical platform company in tomorrow’s economy.
Securing our customers’ private information is essential to our business success. As our Information Security Analyst, you’ll design, implement, monitor, and evaluate the security systems that protect Notarize’s computer systems and data against cyber threats.
What you'll do as our Security Analyst:
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with the security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Develop/maintain information security policies and procedures, ensuring adherence by engaging cross-functional organizational stakeholders
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management
- Monitor external threat landscape for changes and ensure that security practices and programs adequately address changing dynamics
- Conduct periodic user access reviews
- Assist in the development and delivery of security awareness trainings to internal workforce
- Partner with engineer and product teams to provide security architecture recommendationsLead and document security based table-top tests (Dr, BCP, INcident, etc.)
- Provide oversight of penetration/vulnerability testing and remediation
- Assist with due diligence questionnaires as it relates to the Notarize Platform
What we’re looking for:
- 4-6 years Experience in information security or related field
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus/malware, and IDPS concepts
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact
- Effective communication skills, including ability to present to senior leadership and get buy-in from internal stakeholders
- Experience in performing risk and technology assessments
- Experience in the oversight and execution of a continuous monitoring and improvement program including security control assessments
- Strong technical, analytical, organizational and administrative skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working independently with little oversight
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.