Blueboard is an employee recognition and incentives platform powered by hand-curated experiences. Our platform makes it easy for companies to give meaningful rewards, incentives, and gifts—from one-of-a-kind to once-in-a-lifetime experiences. From a luxurious spa day to a trip around the world to see the Northern Lights to a family adventure behind-the-scenes at a local aquarium, we make it simple for companies to give their top performers memorable, meaningful, and personalized experiences. With Blueboard, employees enjoy incredible experiential rewards, and our clients increase employee engagement and elevate their team cultures.
Born and raised in San Francisco, Blueboard launched in 2014 and now serves hundreds of clients across the world. Our global team is nearly 100 Blueboarders strong, and we are thrilled to be a Great Place to Work, as well as one of San Diego’s Best and Brightest employers. We are venture-backed, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, and Europe. Learn more at Blueboard.com.
We are building a team rich in diverse talents and experiences, and we welcome all applicants. If you’re not sure whether you’re qualified, but you’re passionate about Blueboard, we encourage you to apply!
About This Role:
Blueboard is seeking an experienced security engineer to lead our security efforts. You will be our first full-time security hire. You will be given the opportunity to implement your ideas around secure infrastructure, secure development lifecycle, security operations, application security, and threat & risk assessments from the ground up.
You’re passionate about understanding or discovering security vulnerabilities and aspire to be a trusted advisor. You know all about identifying, providing and validating security requirements of IT solutions, and you’ve done this in a consulting environment. You’re a skilled communicator who can effectively articulate cyber security risks to technical and non-technical audiences.
Day to day, your work will include:
- Advise internal teams on the security implications of compliance and regulations such as SOC2, GDPR, and CCPA
- Carry out threat and risk assessments (TRAs) and develop security architecture to mitigate threats
- Lead and conduct threat modeling activities during Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL)
- Be the "Trusted Advisor" on best practices to protect information
- Actively lead multiple engagements simultaneously and seamlessly
- Actively seek and nurture opportunities for business development
- Assist in closing sales opportunities which require security input
Your skills and experience include:
- Methods and identification tools for risks and security threats
- Knowledge of information security standards (ISO, NIST, PCI, SOC2, GDPR etc.)
- Proficiency in operating systems, database platforms, web technologies, firewalls and programming languages
- Giving effective advice in large-scale technology projects while working at all levels - with clients and your team.
- Role-based access control (RBAC)
- Application Security (AWS, Heroku, Google Cloud)
- Data Loss Prevention (Manage DLP policies, manage sensitive information types)
- Data governance and retention (Retention policies, data governance reports and dashboards, Information holds, import data in the Security and Compliance Center, manage inactive mailboxes)
- Data privacy regulation compliance (Regulatory compliance, review and interpret GDPR dashboards and reports, Compliance Manager reports)
- Security Certifications preferred (eg. CISSP, CISM, CCSP, GIAC)
We welcome full-time remote applicants for this role. If you are interested in working from our San Francisco or San Diego offices when it becomes safe to return to work, that is an option as well.
As a member of the Blueboard team, you can expect:
☀ A competitive salary based on experience
☀ Medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401K plan
☀ A flexible vacation policy and 12 companywide holidays so that you can refresh, relax, and invest time in your interests
☀ An annual tenure reward each year to go #blueboarding
☀ Interesting and fun team events to build meaningful relationships with your colleagues, as well as retreats and occasional work from abroad experiences
☀ Internal learning and development programs and a personal budget for your own professional growth
☀ Dog-friendly offices and Work From Home Wednesdays (when we return to our offices)
☀ A brilliant, inclusive, collaborative, hard-working team to partner with
☀ An incredible opportunity to help build and share an exciting new product that excites and delights people around the world