Scentbird inspires fragrance lovers to go beyond the ordinary and sample scents that evoke passion, confidence, and the unknown. Our mission is to revolutionize the way we perfume by bringing the ultimate fragrance playground right to your fingertips and offering a digital subscription service that lets members choose from over 500+ designer perfumes each month.
About the Brands:
- Scentbird: The easiest way for fragrance lovers to discover, try, and buy their favorite scented products without a commitment
- Deck of Scarlet: Deck of Scarlet was created to break the boredom and shake up clean beauty. The line of bold cosmetics features vivid colors, innovative textures, and unprecedented finishes that bring the fun and creativity back to clean beauty.
- Confessions Of A Rebel: We’re not afraid to provoke. Our fragrances are made to excite and inspire: some are subversive, others are straightforward, all are compelling in their own right. He, she, they, YOU - our confessions are not caged in by gender.
- Goodhabit: Built for the digitally native generation, Goodhabit is pioneering the movement in defending your skin against artificial blue light and modern day skin stressors. We’re developing clean, conscious, and effective skincare solutions that keep you connected, and your skin, protected.
- Sanctuary: Our newest brand to the Scentbird family. This fragrance, just like the playful creature that was its muse, this scent opens with an energetic blend of red berries and fresh bamboo as a nod to the Red Panda’s favorite foods, while pink pepper adds an extra lively twist. Verdant notes like white tea, violet, and oakmoss pay homage to its habitat in the Himalayan Forests and mountains of China, as cashmere woods evoke a soft, cuddly feeling.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to assist in accounting functions, including Corporate Accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Assist in Accounting operations including Billing, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Work cross-functionally with Operations to improve internal controls related to inventory
- Performing daily accounting tasks, including assisting with banking transactions, posting revenue, GL coding of invoices, credit cards, and expenses reports
- Perform Bank Reconciliations for bank and credit card account
- Maintain Amortization and Prepaid Expense Schedule
- Analyze the financial statements at month-end for accuracy and identifying and issues to senior management
- Assist in preparation for the year-end audit
- Assist in corporate budgeting process including managing departmental budget spend
- Support the Go Live of an ERP system
- Assist with the preparation and filing of local, state, and federal taxes
- Process Sales tax returns through Avalara with multiple revenue streams
- Process credit applications to establish vendor terms
- Assist in Corporate budgeting process and maintaining departmental budget spend monthly
- Assist in Ad Hoc Projects
- Provide creativity and critical thinking, which inspires innovation and propels team members beyond the status quo
What You’ll Need to Have (required qualifications):
- Willingness to be flexible and operate in a start-up environment
- Subscription, CAC, LTV experience a bonus
- Proficiency in working with manufacturing goods
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge GAAP and working with Accounting systems
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Must be a highly organized, detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Competitive base compensation
- Bonus program
- Remote first
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Company Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts, as well as Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Complimentary Scentbird Membership
- A fun, creative and energetic work environment