CoLab Software is a team of passionate and driven engineers, developers and innovators who are setting the new standard for engineering collaboration. We take pride in our ability to continuously learn from each others’ unique skill sets and perspectives, and apply that knowledge to solve customer problems. Our rapid growth and continuing success mean we have an opening for a Senior Backend Developer to join our team.Company
Fortune 500 manufacturing companies and industry leading design firms rely on CoLab to securely share and review design data, and build higher quality products. As a Senior Backend Developer, you will play a crucial role in the development and release of new features, performance improvements, security enhancements and other application improvements to our valued customers.Position
The ideal candidate possesses:
- strong technical and analytical skills, providing accurate analysis of, and solutions to, security-related problems and challenges;
- a high degree of tenacity, ingenuity, creativity, independence, flexibility, and aptitude;
- a strong sense of ownership, team responsibility and team trust;
- the ability to function in a fast-paced environment; and,
- passion and enthusiasm.
- Design, document, implement and test server components, APIs and integrations.
- Investigate, evaluate and implement new backend and cloud technologies.
- Partner with front-end developers to define API interfaces and support new feature development.
- Participate in code reviews and help your team deliver high-quality software.
- Optimize existing and new features for speed and scalability.
- Contributing to company and product vision, ideation and planning.
- Mentor and be an information source to junior developers.
- 5+ years as a back-end or full-stack web developer
- Knowledge of Python web frameworks such as Flask and Django
- Knowledge of relational databases, object-relational mapping tools and SQL
- Knowledge of Graph query language would be considered an asset
- Experience with cloud technologies, particularly AWS would be considered an asset
- Experience with python testing frameworks would be considered an asset
- Experience with devops technologies such as Terraform and or Ansible would be considered an asset
- Experience developing third-party API integrations would be considered an asset