Smile is the largest provider of reward programs in the world. We reward tens of millions of people every year, and power rewards programs for thousands of businesses around the world. With all this data, we’re looking for a talented Data Analyst to join the growing Data Science team. The ideal candidate is data curious, detail-oriented, great at communication, and loves solving problems. We’ve got big scaling plans in 2020 and beyond - we need amazing talent to achieve our goals and you get to be the one to find them and bring them to Smile!Requirements
- Apply your knowledge of SQL, data modelling, programming, statistics, and mathematics to recognize patterns and answer business questions
- Support our long-term data and analytics strategy with respect to data warehousing, data visualization, and self-service reporting
- Work closely with Merchant Experience, Product, and Finance teams to identify important questions, define key success metrics, and shape data-informed product/business strategies
- Develop strong hypotheses, independently solve problems and influence major business decisions with sound data and reasoning
- Perform code reviews and mentoring of more junior analysts on best practices and trade-offs
- Jumping in and getting your hands dirty with large-scale datasets
- Thinking about the big picture to help develop our longer-term data strategy
- Contributing to the conceptualization of the overall Data strategy at Smile
What we’re seeking:
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Analyst role or related position
- Expert knowledge of SQL for data analysis and drawing insights across large and complex datasets. Bonus if you have knowledge in Python too!
- A love of solving complex business problems using your strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated and independent, ability to learn and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain technical terms to a non-technical audience
- Experience and passion for developing the right metrics and dashboards/visualization
Traits or experience we’d love to see (you don’t need them all to apply!):
- Experience with delivering and presenting information to an audience
- Hands-on experience with DBT, Snowflake and visualization platforms
- Equivalent experience or Post-Secondary education in Computer Science, Software Engineering, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
What’s it like to work at Smile.io?
We are a team of smart self-starters who build efficient and unique solutions to problems. You’ll be working with some amazing talent and you'll constantly be pushed to challenge yourself and improve your skills. This starts in the interview process, where you’ll be asked to show us your skills in real-time. It’s not an easy process, but we think you’ll find it rewarding and a great preview to what working here is really like.
As a team, we’re driven by these core values:
- Be Humble - think of the team before thinking of yourself. We have no room for massive egos.
- Be Hungry - set hard goals, ask lots of questions and learn every day.
- Be Human - show empathy towards others, consider the impact of your decisions on other teams.
We collaborate on everything. Our communication tools and our space are designed with this in mind - from physical areas to connect in comfort to Slack channels of all sorts, we enable you to reach out to those around you to make sure you have the information you need to make great decisions.
We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution - the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career goals, hopes & dreams. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools and encouragement you need to grow. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.