Get to know us
eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
What you'll do
Creating an MVP for a greenfield project with a vision and a timeline.
- Put the privacy and control of the user at the heart of all you do
- Create models
- Categorize the web's content
- Translate models to app & extension developers
- Help shape the future of the project by providing the team with information and solution options
- Balance usefulness with performance on mobile devices
- Work on a solution scalable to more than hundred million users
- Integrate data from remote devices into your model in a privacy safe way (federated learning)
What you bring to the table...
- Ability to self-manage, explore and research
- Ability to present and pitch results to a variety of stakeholders
- Fast learner
- Several years of experience with production quality ML models
- Developing, training, deploying and iterating on models
- pandas, numpy, scikit-learn
- Training and deployment of ML models in the Cloud
- Preferably Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Alternatively AWS, Azure, IBM
- Some background in software and/or ML engineering
- Relevant statistics skills (specialized statistics for ML and/or generic from maths, physics and other natural sciences, economics)
It's awesome, but not required, if you know about...
- Experience in AdTech
- Hands-on experience with recommender systems (movies, songs, shop items, friends, jobs, hotels) or search engines
- Experience collaborating with software developers bringing ML models into client applications
- Android development
- Natural language processing (NLP) or understanding (NLU)
- Text Classification
- Transformers / BERT
- Distributed learning, federated learning
- Linux, bash
- R: tidyverse
- Experience working remotely
- Participation/winning in coding/ML competitions
What we offer
- Work from home, one of our offices, or a co-working space—we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 26 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons