WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
To support our Product team, Laterpay is looking for a driven, experienced, collaborative, full time Senior Designer. You’ll report to our Head of UX and will work closely together with our Engineering and Product teams.You must have an eye for clean, simple, and meaningful designs, while also understanding the need for compromise to help other departments reach their goals with the designs we create. You must be able to keep track of several projects with different teams. You must also feel comfortable working in distributed teams across a wide range of time zones. To be successful in this role, you need to be a great communicator and thrive in a startup environment.
- Collaborate with the Head of UX, Engineering, and Product teams to optimise and improve current user flows and design
- Work on the design of core Laterpay products
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to continuous alignment with all involved parties
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user personas and flows, process flows and sitemaps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Identify both existing and potential design problems and provide elegant solutions
- Assist in user research and testing with a view to translating user feedback into thoughtful, user-driven design
- Own and promote design guidelines, best practices, a component library and UX standards within our company wiki with a view to educating teams about the principles of UX and why they are important for our product
- Work closely with the Head of UX to plan projects, shape the overall brand, and shape design strategy
- A good command of English: written and verbal, producing and understanding.
- As a distributed team, we primarily communicate via Slack, so the ability to clearly and completely communicate in written English is vital.
- We also frequently hop on calls, both audio and video, so the ability to clearly speak and understand English is also vital.
- Proficiency in Adobe XD, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Strong experience designing websites, native mobile apps, and marketing materials
- Great communication and collaboration skills, able to work smoothly with different teams
- Experience working in an agile, iterative development environment
- Ability to multitask across multiple projects in a sometimes chaotic (but always fun) environment
- Comfortable and confident with making design decisions on your own, based on experience and communication with our Head of UX