Bugcrowd is the world’s #1 crowdsourced security company. Our award-winning platform combines actionable, contextual intelligence with the skill and experience of the world’s most elite hackers to help leading organizations solve security challenges, protect customers, and make the digitally connected world a safer place.
Bugcrowd is seeking a fully remote Senior DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for leading initiatives to deliver highly available and secure services on AWS. Additional responsibilities include day to day operational support, SDLC improvements, coordination with internal teams, compliance adherence and architectural input to development teams.
Skills & Requirements:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good judgement
- Strong experience with Amazon Web Services
- Strong experience with Linux Containers and Virtualization (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Experience as a software engineer building a product
- Experience with Unit / Integration Testing
- Experience with Linux/UNIX administration
- Experience with configuration management & automation (eg. Saltstack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Familiarity with with common attack vectors and how to defend against them
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as code (CloudFormation/Terraform)
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Solid understanding and experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies and working closely within small teams
- Experience with git
- Monitoring and Metrics Gathering (CloudWatch, DataDog, Nagios etc)
- Apply a security conscious mindset to all operations
- At Bugcrowd, we understand that diversity in the workplace is vital to a company’s success and growth. We strive to make sure that people are included and have a sense of being part of making Bugcrowd not only a great product but a great place to work.
- We regularly hear from both customers and researchers that Bugcrowd feels like a family, and we strive to maintain that internally as well.
- Our team consists of a broad range of people: musicians, adventure sports junkies, nature lovers, parents, cereal enthusiasts, night owls, cyclists, artists—you get the point.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Opportunities to attend & host relevant conferences & meetups
- Flexible vacation time
- Mental Health Days
- Exceptional medical, dental & vision coverage
- Generous allowance to build the workstation that suits you
- Company-sponsored off-sites and celebrations
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
At Bugcrowd, we are solving security threats and vulnerabilities that are relevant to everyone, therefore we believe solving these problems takes all kinds of backgrounds. We value the perspectives and experiences people from underrepresented backgrounds bring. We are a supportive & collaborative team who understand that reaching Bugcrowd’s potential depends on the happiness of the employee.
The company is authorized to obtain background checks for employment purposes under state and federal law. Background checks will be conducted for positions that involve access to confidential or proprietary information (including trade secrets).
Background checks may include Social Security verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional references, educational verification, and criminal history. Applicants with conviction histories will not be excluded from consideration to the extent required by law.