We're looking for a frontend engineer that gets excited about taking existing features the last mile. We have a small, fast moving engineering team that sometimes moves a little too fast ;)
Specifically, you should get excited about refining existing flows and user experiences. You have an eye for detail and want to take something from 1 to 10 vs. 0 to 1.
- You've worked in early-stage startups for 3-5 years or have been a part of an engineering team that moves quickly and isn't afraid to jump on Zoom calls w/ customers
- You've hung out with product designers before and know how to translate their Sketch mockups into code, without making them sad.
- You think writing tests is important, but know that there's a point of diminishing returns
- You may have tried to reverse engineer Notion's editor experience in your free time.
- You are constantly working to get better at your craft and learn new things.
About our Stack:
- React w/ Apollo
- Styled-components for CSS in JS
At Friday, we believe that the workplace is going through a massive shift and remote work is only the tip of the iceberg. The workplace of the future will let people work where they want, when they want, and how they want. Put simply, the future of work is a more flexible work environment.
We think this shift is good for society as it enables people to gain back their time, live where they want, and free up more time to spend with family, volunteer in their community, or learn a new skill.
That's why we're building tools to help accelerate this transition and make work better for as many people as we can.
- We have 1 routine meeting every week - that's it. You will have autonomy to do great work. We like to work asynchronously!
- You can work from a location that makes sense for you - our team is clustered around Nashville, TN and Portland, ME.
- You can start working at 5am or work later into the evening if you want. It's up to you as long as there's a couple hours of overlap during the day for ad-hoc collaboration.
- Admittedly, we don't have a ton of fancy perks or free lunch, but we do our best to give you freedom to do great work and not waste your life in boring meetings.