Hi! My name is Chris, I’m the CEO of 11Sigma, and I’d like to invite you to join our team.
We started 11Sigma in 2018 with a vision of a world of opportunities and the freedom enabled by remote work.
We believe that remote work is a lifestyle, it’s about the culture, values, and mindset, not a “corporate benefit” or a “post-COVID reality”.
Our three values: explore, be free, and contribute define who we are, and what we do.
Our dream is to build a company open to everyone, which supports you in experiencing an exciting, fulfilling life.
11Sigma is about exploring. Both literal, as in a journey, as well as open-mindedness, self-growth, and curiosity of life and at work.
We are software engineers, travelers, digital nomads, caring parents, adventurers. We are internally-motivated problem solvers and contributors.
To us, life is an adventure, and the world is incredibly interesting. We are hungry to learn new things and explore our potential.
To find exciting work and open amazing opportunities we partner with tech startups that build incredible products and provide a healthy work-life balance.
If the above resonates with you, please read on.
You will join the 11Sigma crew at Stoplight (our partner) and will be working with the core platform team on creating complex, high-performing API Design web applications using the latest technology stack and best practices. You’ll work hand to hand with some of the greatest engineers in the API space.
The product you will work on helps hundreds of companies (like zoom.us, Amadeus, EA) adopting the Design-First approach to building, exploring, and governing APIs.
Those tools are becoming de-facto standards in the API development world. OpenSource tools we build are presented by independent developers at the largest and most influential API conferences.
This job requires familiarity with both stacks (frontend and backend) with more emphasis on the backend.
- Internally motivated
- Driven / passionate
- Curious / problem solver
- Great people skills
- Takes ownership
- Desire to give back
- “Build together” attitude
Skills & Experience
- NodeJS, React
- Rest API / GraphQL (advanced)
- Advanced PostgreSQL (or other DBMS)
- Outstanding English
Nice to have
- Functional Programming
- Hasura GraphQL Engine
Bonus points for
- Conference talks experience
- Blog author
- Portfolio on GitHub
- OpenSource contributions
- Prior fast-growth startup experience
- Design and build efficient, scalable, well tested, and easy-to-use software to help developers design high-quality APIs
- Use and contribute to cutting-edge open source technologies
- Drive consistent style, look & feel, and experiences that help improve our products
- Set goals and implement them
- Analyze and solve hands-on, deeply technical challenges
Salary & Perks
20000 - 24000 PLN + VAT (B2B, per month, billed hourly)
- Explorer budget (annual budget for travel and adventure)
- 10x-self budget (annual budget for home-office equipment, learning)
- Epic retreats around the world
- Dedicated self-growth mentor
- Conferences around Europe
- 100% remote company - live and work wherever you wish
- Paid “readiness to service hours” include all public polish holidays plus an extra 15 days
Feel free to read more about our company at https://11sigma.com.