On our legal team, you will have a hands-on opportunity to shape the future of Chainlink, one of the most exciting projects in the blockchain space. We are looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial and experienced attorney to serve as Senior Legal Counsel to take on the challenge of a fast-growing and evolving industry. You will be working closely with our General Counsel and business teams, and helping to build a world-class legal department. As a key contributor, you will work on some of the most exciting legal and business issues in blockchain today.
- Be on the front lines of developing strategies for evaluating complex risk in business-centric ways
- Build scalable processes that allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly
- Ensure compliance with applicable U.S. and international laws and regulations, in close collaboration with colleagues in finance and operations
- Be a business partner, not just an attorney, to industry-leading experts
- Continuously research and master the latest legal frameworks from regulatory bodies across the globe
- Advise a wide range of business teams on a variety of complex legal topics
- Prior experience with, detailed knowledge of, and a passion for blockchain technology a must
- 5+ years of legal experience with at least 1 year of in-house experience in the blockchain space or in the blockchain group at a major firm
- Ability to present complex compliance and regulatory issues in a clear and concise manner and provide succinct, practical and results-oriented legal advice
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines and act decisively
- Ability to take ownership of projects and concisely turn legal analysis into action
- Familiarity with legal regimes impacting the decentralized finance industry and experience with open-source software licensing a plus
- Experience with contract negotiating and drafting a plus
- Current Bar admission
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world, the details of our approach can be found in Chainlink’s whitepaper. We are well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world's largest enterprises such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, though we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
*Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer*