We’re growing our newly formed Brand Studio team to creatively solve some of GitHub’s largest business challenges through animation. We’re looking for a multidisciplinary, Motion Artist with experience delivering content for both broadcast and web standards. We’re seeking systems thinkers with exceptional design and project management skills to bring their biggest ideas to life while staying flexible in managing a fast-moving day-to-day production workload. You’ll work closely with a team of artists, illustrators, animators, developers, and copywriters to develop and deploy groundbreaking campaigns, social content, streams and site experiences.
- Create innovative and high-performing animated assets for GitHub core product pages, sub-brands, campaigns, and digital marketing initiatives
- Create large scale motion graphics packages for GitHub conferences, live streams and recorded content
- Build templated animated design systems that can scale across multiple channels and output mediums
- Collaborate on the strategic vision for campaign visual style and define how campaign initiatives translate into beautifully executed animations
- Continually research and find new opportunities to push boundaries of motion design
- Prototype web animations in Adobe After Effects while working with engineers to execute in-browser
- Live by a growth mindset, and constantly find ways to learn new plug-ins, tools and processes (think Cinema4d, Octane Render Engine, Unity, Unreal Engine)
- You’re an expert in Adobe After Effects with experience delivering assets that meet both broadcast and web standards
- You think that using stock easing is a cardinal sin
- You have an extremely high-quality threshold and know when to make tradeoffs given project constraints
- You have a passion for the web as a storytelling medium constantly push the boundaries of what’s possible (think 3d, generative art, procedural design systems)
- You have experience with Cinema4d and render engines like Octane or RedShift
- You have experience with WebGL and building web-based animated experiences
- You have a passion for web animation and experience in delivering performant web experiences
- 3+ years experience as an animator or motion artist
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.