Castos is changing the way podcasting is done. On our team, you will be a part of crafting tools for podcasters to create better content, grow their audiences, and monetize their shows.
Our development team works in both the Laravel framework for our web app as well as on our suite of WordPress plugins.
We are looking for a Senior, Full Stack PHP developer with significant experience in Laravel to join our team. We also manage the Seriously Simple Podcasting suite of plugins for WordPress, so plugin development experience would be an added bonus, but is not required.
You will be joining an existing team of 3 full time, full stack developers, a UX designer and a devops engineer.
This role is ideal if you like to work across the stack to make a big impact on a small team. You’ll be in charge of building and owning features end-to-end, from conception to implementation to feedback/iteration.
Roles & Responsibilities:
On a regular basis responsibilities will include:
- Be challenged to solve new problems
- Architecting new features, and reimagining ways that existing ones can be improved
- Assist our Support and Success team in constantly optimizing the customer experience
- Partake in regular code reviews, of both your code and the code of your teammates
- Consider the performance impacts of your technical choices
- Contribute to a large, popular open source project with 20,000+ active installs
Requirements & Qualifications:
Qualified applicants will have experience with:
- 3+ years experience with Laravel and/or WordPress custom plugin development.
- Creating 3rd party integrations with external APIs.
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic and fast paced environment with changing priorities and requirements both as team member and independently.
- Experience working on an open source project. Managing pull requests and assisting with member contributions.
- Ability to own development tasks from assignment through to production.
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player.
- Bonus points if you’re a podcast junkie!
Castos is a fully remote team of 7 full time team members across 3 continents. We are a young company (just over 3 years old) but doubling in size each year, and that growth is speeding up. At Castos you will:
- Have 15 days paid vacation days a year plus local public holidays.
- Be part of an entirely remote work environment where you’re free to work whenever and wherever you’d like.
- Zero red tape, pointless meetings, and BS that come with big companies.
- Annual team retreats (last one was in Berlin!).
- Competitive salary for your level of experience.
- Work in the podcasting industry, which is one of the most rapidly evolving and exciting areas of tech.
- Solve challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day.
- See a direct impact of your work and value you created for customers.
- Provide direct input on technical and non-technical decisions. Your input is critical to the team’s success.
If this sounds like you we’d love to talk. Please fill out an application from the link below. Looking forward to hearing from you.