Blameless is an end-to-end Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) platform that enables and accelerates proactive and reactive incident management so engineering teams can balance reliability and innovation. Our software helps you set and monitor SLOs and SLAs, coordinate and automate incident response, identify root causes, and create a culture of learning and improvement across your organization. Our platform includes a bot that automates to faster resolution, an API to track and manage SLAs, and a web app to stay on top of key metrics, manage problems, track action items, and assess the reliability of your business. Blameless, based in San Mateo, is backed by Accel and Lightspeed Ventures.
We're looking for a Platform Engineer - Quality to join our team. Your mission is to help our developers move at lightning speed and balance quality. You'll play a critical role in ensuring product quality, release confidence and building automated test scenarios as part of our platform team. You'll collaborate with a team of talented engineers and inform the continued evolution of our quality process. You’ll build and iterate on our testing systems that power our platform and help drive products forward confidently.
- Build automated test scenarios in a continuous integration / development environment, and find ways to automate and expand our software testing
- Work with our product and engineering team to collect criteria to keep the test cases up to date. Analyze acceptance criteria and software specification to create detailed tests plans as needed.
- Oversee and implement best practices relating to quality of the software
- Compile, analyze, and present test results, ultimately driving and constantly improving product quality
- 3+ years experience developing and supporting tests of production systems
- Comfortable working in a DevOps environment
- Hands-on experience writing advanced code including automation and test scripts for large scale testing scenarios
- Strong understanding of software testing fundamentals including creating test plans, writing test cases and best practices
- Experience with automated testing of web applications, especially with Cypress
- Ability to learn new features quickly, understand the user's point of view, and create and review complete test cases
- Exceptional communicator and can have conversations with both engineering and product-focused teams
- Experience working in a fast-paced continuous delivery environment and a SaaS company preferred
The Impact of this Role
- Help us design and build our early-stage company
- Accelerate our efforts towards product-market fitInfluence an open, productive and effective culture
- Learn about operating a startup, fund-raising and scaling teams
- Grow your career exponentially by joining a rocket ship
Blameless is a rapid growth startup headquartered in San Mateo. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to a team defined and empowered by diversity. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. https://www.blameless.com/about