More About the Mobile Product Manager Role
As the Product Manager of our Mobile team, you’ll be leading our efforts on our award-winning native iOS and Android mobile apps. This includes our flagship Buffer app with an average rating of over 4 stars, 70,000 reviews, and 30,000 new signups each month, and our newest app, Remix.
We envision our mobile apps becoming a key part of the overall product experience for customers, allowing them to plan, collaborate, and publish high quality social content that drives awareness and engagement for their businesses and brand.
We’ve got big plans to better connect our mobile and web experiences as well as drive new innovation for customers in 2021. We’re looking for a Product Manager to drive this change. Working closely with the Design, Engineering, Data, and Marketing teams, you’ll find, execute, and grow the next big opportunities mobile.
Who You'll Work With
In this role you’ll report to the Chief Product Officer. Day to day you’ll work closely with and be supported by a Product Designer, Engineering Manager, and four Engineers. You’ll also work closely with our Product, Data, Marketing, and Advocacy teams.
What You'll Do
- Set a compelling long term vision for the next chapter of Buffer Mobile experience.
- Define the strategy, set clear goals, and build a roadmap that helps your team realize the product vision.
- Deliver best-in-class mobile experiences to our iOS and Android customers.
- Coordinate launch and go-to-market planning in partnership with product marketing.
- Collaborate closely with product, design, engineering, data, and marketing to drive the ideation, research, design, and development of customer-focused features and improvements.
- Connect the Mobile user experience with the web experience in close collaboration with your product management peers.
- Be the mobile product champion.
- Keep a strong pulse the social media management landscape.
- Keep your team focused and excited to solve customer problems by connecting the work they do to our customer’s success and our larger mission.
- Build alignment across product teams, our leadership team, and other stakeholders.
- As a teammate at Buffer, you will agree to uphold our values and code of conduct.
Helpful Skills and Experience
We're looking for the "ideal candidate." Not all of these are must haves so please take the leap to get in touch, even if you don't feel you meet all criteria!
- 3+ years of product management experience, with experience building great consumer/SMB apps.
- Experience launching products on both iOS & Android platforms.
- Successful track record of leading software products from inception through launch and iteration.
- Strong understanding of how modern software products are built and integrate with other services and APIs.
- Experience working with a global team of product managers, designers, engineers.
- Passion for creating a high quality products with a keen eye for detail and intuitive user experiences.
- Strong customer focus and empathy.
- Adept at pairing data with product intuition to always keep product decisions moving forward.
- Understanding of key SaaS metrics including MRR, Churn, LTV, ARPU, and how these metrics impact one another.
- Clear and concise written skills with an ability to distill and communicate complex topics.
- Bias towards action with an ability to drive results near term as well as the ability to zoom out and connect the day to day work to our large mission.
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by the possibilities that come with working at Buffer! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits.
💰 Competitive salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. For this role, the range is: $128K - $180K USD.
🏝 Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like! We believe in folks working where they are happiest and most productive.
💪 Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members, international or US.
💻 Home office setup: Get a laptop + $500 to set up your home office.
👓 Growth mindset fund: Extra money for learning and development.
⛺️ Minimum vacation: At least 3 weeks/year, with no upper limit.
🤑 401(k): With 3% company match.
📈 Profit sharing: When the company does well, all team members share the profits. We distribute 8-15% of profits annually to the team.
🍼 Family leave: 3 months of family leave for all parents, and more is possible.
✈️ Retreats: When we can, we meet in person for company get-togethers twice per year.
☕️ Working smarter stipend: Get some extra cash for a co-working space or a coffee shop work.
📚 Free books and Kindle: Get a free Kindle and all the free books - digital, physical, and audio - you like, anytime.
⛱ Sabbaticals: Take a 6-week break, fully paid, after every 5 years with Buffer.