We are Serverless Inc, creators of the Serverless Framework, a popular open-source development tool for building serverless applications. Our mission is to make harnessing the creative potential of serverless cloud infrastructure easy and fun through user-friendly developer tools.
While adoption of the Serverless Framework has grown beyond our most extraordinary expectations, it’s still the beginning of the massive serverless technology trend. We believe serverless cloud infrastructure is the natural evolution of the cloud, and the future will provide developers with more serverless options than ever.
We’re now scaling to improve the Framework and offer several new development experiences for developers and organizations. We are distributed by location but united in our purpose. We value product-minded technologists and fully own our successes and failures. Most importantly, we believe that people do their best work when empowered. If you are on a journey to find a team that crafts ingenious cutting-edge solutions while having fun together, we are your destination.
Serverless Inc. is a fully remote company.
Serverless Desktop is a native graphical user interface that makes it easy to build and test serverless applications built on AWS Lambda. Serverless infrastructure has incredible potential, and we believe a graphical user interface will help developers realize that potential to build an unprecedented amount of applications. It is designed to be standalone. We aim for Desktop to be to serverless applications what Sketch is to design. Serverless Dashboard is an operations console for troubleshooting and managing your serverless applications, as well as managing your team.
An ideal candidate has a strong background in developer products, data-driven analytics, product design experience, user experience design, and is ready to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Define and maintain the product roadmap for Serverless Desktop and Dashboard
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the serverless development and collaboration experience
- Design solutions for developer productivity and collaboration in teams
- Identify key success metrics, drive the instrumentation, analyze, and report on the outcomes of the metrics
- Conduct customer interviews to gather feedback
- Communicating and coordinating progress, and open issues across the company
- Experience delivering beautiful user interfaces and experiences on top of a technical domain
- Experience working within an entrepreneurial environment with engineers and designers
- Experience in product management, working on a developer produc.
- Familiarity with AWS services common to serverless architectures (AWS Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, IAM, etc), REST APIs, back-end runtimes (e.g. Node), streaming data, and other common serverless architectures
- Familiar with the serverless developer ecosystem
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Excellent written communication skills
- Comfortable creating wireframes in Balsamiq, Sketch, or Figma
Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- Quality healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Domestic partners receive the same benefits that are available to spouses of employees
- Paid leave for all new parents
- 401(k) Retirement savings account
- Our team members can enjoy flexible scheduling
- Our team is globally-distributed, and we work from home 100% time
- Unlimited time off for our full-time team members
- Serverless empowers employees to expand their expertise through professional development
Attributes We Seek
Motivated foremost about serverless and making it accessible to all through world-class development tools.
Prioritizes the customer-facing experience above all else.
Unafraid of ambiguity, identifies what matters most and delivers, without waiting or apprehension.
Owns the goals, and more importantly, their results.
Doesn’t expect communication to happen but ensures it, with emphasis on excellent written communication.
Treats everyone inside and outside of our organization with dignity, and respects differences in perspectives, opinions, and experiences.