Smile.io is the world’s largest loyalty platform, providing easy-to-use reward programs that help scaling e-commerce brands transform one-time sales into repeat, loyal customers. Over 60,000 brands use Smile to turn transactional purchasers into passionate repeat shoppers.
We’re celebrating explosive growth and need your help empowering every entrepreneur to grow their brand and build lasting relationships with their customers. We are a remote-first company, and we believe you should be able to work from anywhere. We have team members working from home offices across the globe, and our team has never been more connected. Tell us where you'd like to work when you apply!
About the Product Team:
As a Senior Product Marketer, you’ll play an integral role in the product team as a key contributor across our cross-functional, autonomous product squads. Together, we identify significant market opportunities and develop strategies to unlock as much value as we possibly can for our users. We’re always looking to develop a clearer picture of our place in the market, the differentiated value we can offer, and where we’re headed. We strive to communicate these to our growing user base as well.
About the Role:
You are passionate about small businesses and e-commerce, and you value being a part of the team that builds exceptional products that help entrepreneurs. You will build the product marketing function from the ground up, working cross-functionally to bring the voice of our users into product development, awareness, and adoption. Smile is a fast-growing scale-up; our ideal candidate has been a key part of hyper-growth teams in the past.
What you'll help us achieve:
- Define and own Smile’s product positioning and messaging and lead go-to-market strategy and execution.
- Drive competitive analysis and differentiation initiatives
- Foster ongoing collaboration across teams to create and execute strategic programs that increase adoption, retention, and usage throughout the product life cycle.
- Cultivate ongoing merchant insights to inform product and marketing strategy.
- Create compelling in-product marketing strategies that drive key user engagement and monetization metrics such as free-to-paid conversion
- Contribute to an experiment-driven approach that helps us find important new tactics for driving our KPIs
Who you are:
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in high-growth, platform-driven environments/ecosystems.
- A master communicator with strong user empathy and excellent written and verbal communications skills. You can take complex subjects and translate them into everyday language.
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative by nature, you are effective at diligently working across teams to deliver results. You’re also comfortable with collaboration tools and a distributed workforce.
- Data-oriented and relentlessly focused/organized; you’re able to bridge the gap between strategy and execution.
- A marketer with a strong email marketing background
- Passionate about helping as many entrepreneurs as possible!
Bonus if you have:
- Global experience, either in a multi-national product organization, in markets other than North America, or with teams distributed across the world.
- Hands-on entrepreneurial experience.
- Both B2B and B2C marketing experience.
Who are we?
Everyone at Smile is driven by these core values:
Be Humble - think of the team before thinking of yourself. We have no room for massive egos.
Be Hungry - set hard goals, ask lots of questions and learn every day.
Be Human - show empathy towards others, consider the impact of your decisions on other teams.
We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution - the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career & personal goals. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools and encouragement you need to grow.