At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
This position requires considerable technical skill set, excellent communication skills and will be responsible for overseeing and leading teams of Quality Engineers who write test automation scripts from inception, used for testing client-side APIs, rich user interfaces and thick-client applications using industry best practices. Also, you will be tasked with Test Automation Framework development, Framework feature enhancement and Framework bug fixing. This role will also be working collaboratively with cross-functional teams of product managers, UX designers, architects, principal engineers, software engineers, automation engineers and developers, in order to help improve test coverage and project turnaround times.
How you will make an impact:
- Architects, designs and implements test automation scripting and frameworks from the ground up into a continuous integration and execution model.
- Establishes a set of standards for acceptance tests and regression tests for multiple applications that can run in a CI/CD environment, potentially across various devices.
- Sets up an integration testing framework with mock endpoints so that apps can be quickly validated.
- Performs data gathering from numerous sources across the enterprise data spectrum.
- Designs functional test data sets for automatic reset or refresh.
- Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts.
- Collaborates with our Engineering teams on best practices, process changes and standards as part of continuous process improvement.
- Works in coordination with the scrum team and development counterparts in overseeing bug tracking, test prioritization, test automation and release.
- Coordinates, mentors and coaches junior automation engineers, providing direction and oversight to the team.
- Works closely with QA and other stakeholders to support product quality and provide direction for effective utilization of test automation resources and infrastructure.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and/or experience.
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience.
- Experience working in an Agile development, test and deploy environment.
- Experience with at least one API testing framework such as Rest Assured, PostMan, SOAPUI, etc.
- Experience with XML and JSON to model test data.
- Experience with at least one Unit Testing framework such as JUnit, TestNG, NUnit, etc.
- Experience with at least one mocking framework such as easyMock or Mockito would be valuable.
- Experience using test frameworks in a CI/CD environment (for example Jenkins, CloudBees or Team Foundation Server).
- Experience working with databases.
- Experience with source code version control tools, such as Git, SVN, etc.
- Experience using defect tracking systems and issue tracking system, such as JIRA.
- Experience with test management and reporting tools, such as Quality Center, Zephyr or qTest.
- Bonus experience: Docker or Sauce Labs; knowledge or experience with security or penetration testing.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.