Phreesia is looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team!
Do you love being in a highly technical role and working on development at least 50% of the time?
Are you well versed in the Microsoft tech stack (.NET and C#)?
Does the idea of creating innovative solutions in the healthcare field and impacting peoples' lives excite you?
As the Senior Software Engineer on our team, you will gain a deep understanding of the healthcare industry while working in a distributed team of talented software engineers. You will learn about our users, customers and architecture while designing, building, scaling, and maintaining complex distributed software products. You will collaborate closely with our Product Management and Operations teams and supervise other engineering colleagues to ensure that the products being built drive customer usage, are easily supportable by our customer teams, and are accurate, highly available, scalable and easily deployable.
You will be working on the design and implementation of products to improve Phreesia's ability to connect with patients and provide them with direct and relevant information to help them on their health journey. These projects will involve working with Big Data products, like AWS Lake Formation, AWS Glue, Snowflake, etc. You will also design applications that interact with those products, building systems that scale, and building products that enhance the patient experience.
What You'll Do:
- Implementing required functionality as part of a development team
- Writing technical documentation
- Participating in design reviews
- Participate in Sprint planning and execution
- Help manage escalations and ongoing product maintenance
- Maintain software security and quality standards
- Help development and quality assurance team members
- Take ownership of existing products, including bug fixes
- Aid in troubleshooting and resolving production escalations and issues
- Help review team commits via pull requests
- Support your products over their lifetime
- Assisting with other SDLC and Sprint related activities, e.g. periodically facilitating stand up meetings
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Over 3 years of experience building and supporting highly distributed applications, with signiﬁcant experience with Microsoft.NET in C# or Java systems connecting to databases (SQL Server, MongoDB, NoSQL) and cloud systems.
- Experience building client-side web applications using Angular or React, preferred
- Self-motivated, pragmatic thinker capable of working within a highly distributed team
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills
- Highly collaborative team player
Technologies We Use:
- Microsoft.NET in C#
- Java systems connecting to databases (SQL Server, MongoDB or Oracle)
- Cloud systems (Amazon Web Services)
- Restful APIs
- RabbitMQ, MSMQ
- Enterprise Service Bus
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, we’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscape—and we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing and enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, and hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, we’re a four-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award. If you’re interested in consistent feedback and recognition, defined career paths, and the opportunity to work with driven and engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits and Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, and short/long-term and life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan (USA) or RRSP plan (Canada)
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation
- Mobile phone stipends, monthly subway pass reimbursement and Internet reimbursement
- 100% paid maternity leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous maternity benefit to our employees in Canada.
- Tuition and certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.