Founded in 2010, Scrapinghub is on pace to grow revenue more than 5x in the next 3 years, with the largest growth coming from our SaaS product business lines.
We are a fast growing and diverse technology business turning web content into useful data with a cloud-based web crawling platform, off-the-shelf datasets, and turn-key web scraping services.Our comprehensive web crawling stack powers crawls of over 9 billion pages per month and is used by everyone from individual developers to Fortune 100 companies.
We’re a globally distributed team of over 190 Shubbers who are passionate about web data and data science.
About the Job:
We are looking for a capable System Security Engineer, who enjoys security work and possesses both deep and wide expertise in the security space.
You will make things more secure by protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and securing highly sensitive data.
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
- Identify current state and define plan to implement system security requirements.
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Respond to security related questions that arise during the sales process, ideally be able to create a mechanism for sales to self serve the majority of these requests.
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents.
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement.
- 5+ years experience as a System Security Engineer or Information Security Engineer
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems.
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security.
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
As a new Shubber, you will:
Become part of a self-motivated, progressive, multi-cultural team.
Have the freedom and flexibility to work from where you do your best work.
Attend conferences and meet with team members from across the globe.
Work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools.
35 days paid holidays
Enrol in Scrapinghub's Share Option Programme