We are a diverse, fully-distributed team from around the world, working toward a shared vision to raise the standard of trust online.
Join us as a remote Senior Technical Recruiter to help shape the future growth of the DuckDuckGo team.
As part of our Talent Acquisition team, you will be collaborating with stakeholders across our organization to understand their unique hiring needs, provide advice on the criteria for their requisitions, source diverse candidates, and manage the end-to-end hiring process. You will also work with cross-functional stakeholders to propose and lead hiring process improvement initiatives.
We empower our team to be self-directed and self-motivated in their work. If you'd thrive in that environment, and our core values resonate with you -- build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction -- you'll fit right in!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead development of new hiring requisitions by collaborating with hiring teams on candidate evaluation criteria, evaluation project design, and writing the job description.
- Propose and lead process improvement initiatives aimed at scaling our hiring operations.
- Find unique ways to source candidates and execute experiments to determine effectiveness.
- Own the end-to-end hiring process, including sourcing, screening resumes, interviewing applicants, extending offers, and managing the candidate experience.
- Consult with hiring teams to offer insight into decision-making throughout the hiring process.
- Participate in our passive hiring and internal referrals strategy.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum of five years of experience in talent acquisition, leading end-to-end hiring processes.
- Proven success in hiring for IT openings (e.g. software engineers, site reliability).
- Experience leading or significantly contributing to hiring process improvement initiatives.
- Strong organizational skills - you have an eye for detail and are not afraid to use it!
- Effective project management skills.
- Strong communication skills - you clearly articulate your recommendations and decisions, whether verbal or written.
- Comfortable providing feedback to an array of internal and external stakeholders.
For over a decade, we've built a unique culture that helps us continuously improve job satisfaction and productivity. Want to know more? Check out DuckDuckGo Culture: How We Work for an overview of how we collaborate worldwide.
Maintaining satisfaction at work is one of our company objectives, just like maintaining and improving our private search engine. Our Team Member Support Guide explains how we make you our top priority.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW:
- Sometimes we meet up! Expect to travel at least two times a year: once for our all-hands meetup and again for a team retreat (each ~4-5 days).
- While this is a full-time job and we offer a flexible work arrangement with no core hours, expect an average commitment of 40 hours per week.
Hiring works best when it's a two-way street. Learn how we help you get to know DuckDuckGo and envision your future role here. Find out more about how we hire.
DuckDuckGo provides equal work opportunities to all team members and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
- A successful candidate will be subject to a background check.
- By applying for this role, you confirm that information submitted is accurate and that you understand falsification is cause for denial of employment or termination.