As a Site Reliability Engineer, your work will support a platform used by millions of people every month. You’ll work closely with a team of talented individuals to ship the best possible product while having a lot of ownership over your projects.
Our stack includes AWS, Chef, DataDog, CircleCI, PagerDuty, PHP7, MySQL, Memcached, ElasticSearch. We work with Ruby and Python for automating infrastructure. Experience in each of these technologies is preferred (especially the fundamentals of AWS and Chef), but it is certainly not required to have experience with every component.Requirements
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Working alongside our engineering team to define and implement infrastructure components to support new and on-going product initiatives.
- Utilizing configuration management tools to automate common provisioning and management of cloud systems.
- Providing observability into applications and infrastructure through metrics, logging, and monitoring to ensure platform uptime.
- Ensuring ongoing availability, performance, security, and scalability of infrastructure components.
- Taking ownership of your work. Whether it's a nasty bug or an awesome feature, you put your name on every line of code.
- Being part of a rotating team of on-call engineers to provide 24/7 support for critical systems.
We believe it’s important for you to be:
- Familiar with our tech stack. This includes AWS, Chef, PHP7, MySQL, Memcached, ElasticSearch. We’re looking for at least 3 years of experience in a growing engineering organization.
- Knowledgeable about building large-scale technology and applications that are reliable, scalable, secure, and highly performant using industry best practices.
- A strong communicator. You can communicate in writing and verbally with clarity and precision.
- Excited to grow. You love learning things and know the value of feedback and facing new challenges.
- A problem solver. Working at the scale that we do, we need an engineer who loves working with their team to determine smart solutions for our users.
- Detail-oriented. You sweat the details because you know that millions of people will use what you build.
- A solid teammate. Whether it be in code reviews, pair programming or just chatting with your colleagues, the desire to help your team be better and stronger is a driving factor at Creative Market.
- Curious. With the support of the team, you want to see the bigger picture as an engineer.
- Comfortable with remote work. We are 100% distributed. You should be able to work independently (though we collaborate continuously).
At Creative Market, you’ll join a diverse team dedicated to learning, teaching, and growing; as individuals, as a team, as a business, and as a community. As a workplace, we pride ourselves on doing right by our employees, and have a benefits package that makes being a part of the Creative Market team a dream job and something to be really proud of:
- Work from anywhere: We are a 100% distributed team.
- Stay healthy: Generous medical and dental for both you and your dependents.
- Unplug: Get at least 25 days of paid time off every year + 20 official company holidays (we celebrate both US & Canadian holiday calendars). We also take a week of rest during the last week of December!
- Pro tools: MacBook Pro/Air and all the tools you need to do a great job.
- Get your learn on: We cover books, conferences, courses… get smarter!
- Family leave: Paid parental leave for all new parents.
- Perk up: Monthly coffee budget so you’re not just loitering at coffee shops.
- Keep the interwebs on: Monthly internet stipend!
- Buff up: Gym and exercise reimbursements to support you in staying healthy.
- Save up: Put pre-tax savings into a 401k or RRSP. You’ll appreciate it later.
- Hang out: Meet up with your remote team face-to-face at least once annually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.