Astronomer helps organizations adopt Apache Airflow, the market’s leading open-source data workflow orchestration platform. We’re a fast-growing startup pushing forward to make Apache Airflow the open source standard for data orchestration.
As a Solutions Engineer on our team, you will get a front row seat to almost all aspects of the company and help ensure that our growth is guided by strong technical alignment with the needs of our users. You will grow to have a deep understanding of both Apache Airflow and Astronomer as you work with organizations ranging from seed stage startups to Fortune 50 enterprises.
You’ll be able to speak to and deliver solutions around Apache Airflow and the Astronomer platform. You'll interact with customers and partners to ensure successful Airflow implementation post-sales. You'll be a trusted advisor and help architect solutions across all types of environments and use cases. Last but not least, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with the Apache Airflow project, a thriving open source community with 1000s of contributors.
Every Solutions Engineer will grow to become an Airflow expert and be a trusted advisor to organizations looking to put their data in motion.
- Work with customers and partners to ensure successful onboarding
- Perform Architecture assessments on new customers
- Be the Airflow technical resource for new customers by providing Airflow best practices education
- Become a subject matter expert on the competitive landscape of workflow orchestration
- Collaborate with your fellow Solutions Engineering team members to design, prototype, and implement data engineering solutions for internal and external use.
- Work cross functionally within the organization to create and maintain deep technical content for the larger Apache Airflow community
- Act as a liaison, collecting feedback from the field to relay back to the Product team
- Become an Airflow expert
A strong candidate is:
- 2-4 years of industry experience including some experience implementing Apache Airflow in a production environment
- Empathetic and leans towards giving those around them the benefit of the doubt
- A strong verbal and written communicator
- Eager to get in the weeds of a technical challenge
- Experienced with creating DAGS, writing Python, building custom operators and hooks
- Excited about cloud infrastructure (Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform)
- Experienced with growth teams for technical products (Preferred, but not required)
- Willing to do some travel as needed when safe to do so (up to 50%)
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.