Experience: Junior to Mid Level
Hello! Are you ready to Work from Home and transform your career?
We're looking for a Staff Accountant to join the Finance Team at Modus. Want to help Modus streamline and implement best practices for our internal tools to align to our goals and vision? Are you interested in working from home with some of the best talent on the planet? Then keep reading.
You love to crunch numbers, analyze data, and make sure processes get followed to support the accurate and proper maintenance of the organization’s financial statements.
We use modern tools, which means you’ll have the opportunity to work with tools and technologies such as Hubspot, Netsuite, Quickbooks, Harvest, Trello, Jira, Slack, Zoom, Google, Microsoft and much more.
You enjoy providing value-added financial analyses that help determine the direction of operational decision making and planning. You are very attentive to details and demonstrate the ability to be accurate and thorough. You are able to prioritize tasks and work efficiently to complete work. You are adaptable and able to handle unexpected events and a quick paced environment.
You are highly collaborative, autonomous, and effective working remotely. You have the ability to work independently and as a team player, working with a cross-functional, distributed team.
You love learning Accounting & Finance in an ever-evolving world. You have an interest in business intelligence and desire to grow your knowledge of data analysis. You are self-driven, a self-learner, willing to share knowledge and participate actively in your community.
Having overlap with your team is critical when working in a global remote team. Modus requires all team members to overlap with EST morning hours daily. In addition, reliable high speed internet is a must.
Things You Will Do:
Modus is a fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience in many different areas across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Timesheet gathering and follow ups
- Project Job Costing
- Setting up new projects in time-tracking software
- Setting up new vendors and maintaining contracts and files
- Setting up new clients and maintaining contracts and files
- Setting up invoices for billing clients
- Recording expenses to the right account, class, department.
- Assist with the month-end financial reporting and analysis
- Work on business intelligence and analytics solutions
- Financial analysis and reporting of monthly changes
- Other Adhoc and special projects and duties as required
- Teach and be taught: Modus creates active teams that work together, giving opportunities to stay relevant with the latest technologies and learning from experts worldwide
- 1-3 years of progressive and accounting related work experience
- Proficient in Excel/Google Sheets
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and accrual-based accounting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Consulting and/or software technology industry experience a plus
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance related field a plus
Why Modus Create:
- Competitive compensation
- Remote work
- The chance to work side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
Do you have what it takes? Apply today!
About Modus Create
Modus Create is a digital product agency that accelerates digital transformation. We use high performing small teams, emerging technology, and “new school” product development tools and methods to accelerate business outcomes. We support our clients across four core delivery areas: business and product strategy consulting, customer experience, cloud services, and Agile software delivery.
Driven by a team of world-class talent, we have been recognized by the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies 5 years in a row, the Washington Business Journal list of Fastest Growing Companies in the Washington, DC area two years in a row, and a top company for remote work by FlexJobs. We’re also an official partner to Atlassian, AWS, Cloudflare, GitHub, InVision, Ionic Framework, and Vue.js!
Based on the model of an open source team, Modites work remotely, and are located across the globe. That’s allowed us to hire the best talent in the world, no matter where they live. Our highly collaborative, autonomous, and effective working environment is fueled by a team unified by a love of continuous learning. Our years of thought leadership including books, whitepapers, blog posts, conference and MeetUp talks, demonstrate our commitment to sharing what we’ve learned.
We encourage every Modite (our name for our teammates) to do the same. Through working with our distributed team of experts on challenging projects, every person that joins the Modus team can expect to continue growing and learning every day. This is your chance to be part of building something great.