We are building the Strategic Finance team to help make data-driven and financially sound decisions for Scale. The Strategic Finance team is responsible for improving strategic, financial and operational decisions by partnering with the leadership team in making critical decisions across Scale.
The Strategic Finance team is responsible for owning the company’s budget, helping to drive quarterly and annual planning processes, allocating and deploying the company’s resources efficiently, and performing financial analyses in partnership with all departments across the company. You will have a unique opportunity to work closely with department heads on real-time high-priority business issues and use quantitative insights to drive better decision-making across Scale. The ideal candidate will not only have the technical skills to support their recommendations, but also strong interpersonal skills to manage various stakeholders. We hope you'll join us!
- Partner with the Finance team on the budgeting, financial forecasting, and strategic planning processes at Scale
- Partner closely with Ops and Engineering teams to accurately determine operating improvements and associated financial impact
- Partner closely with the accounting team during the month-end close process to ensure accurate general ledger and company-wide financial statement reporting
- Support the development, implementation and administration of Scale’s financial forecast systems and tools
- Perform and own weekly and monthly reporting and develop key performance indicators to assist with the decision-making that aligns with company’s objectives
- Help grow the team’s impact by partnering with Scale’s department heads to respond to internal customer needs
Ideally you'd have
- Minimum of 2 years of financial analysis experience working directly in a Corporate Finance, Strategic Finance or FP&A role
- 1 year of investment banking experience
- Demonstrated excellent project management skills, ability to manage and manipulate large data sets, critically analyze existing processes, and identify opportunities for process improvement
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite, MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); expert Excel modeling skills
- A Bachelor’s degree with a major in finance and/or accounting
- Experience in SQL and Business Intelligence tools a plus
- Experience with Anaplan and / or Adaptive Insights a plus
- 2 years of experience in a highly strategic, analytical and operational role within a rapidly growing company
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently closed our Series D raising $155M at a post-money valuation north of $3.5B led by Tiger Global and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
Scale AI is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Scale AI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.