Formed in 2014, Tendermint is the creator of Cosmos, an ecosystem of interoperable blockchains. We are a software engineering company that focuses on the Cosmos SDK and Starport, state-of-the-art frameworks for blockchain development. Over USD 100 billion worth of digital assets is secured by the 200+ blockchains built with the Cosmos SDK.
We’re passionate, self-driven industry leaders whose vision is to empower people to create a more transparent and accountable world through open, distributed, and interoperable networks. We believe that the technology we're building will have a major positive impact on how humans connect and coordinate globally. Join our growing international team and help us build the most popular multi-blockchain ecosystem in the world.
How we work
We have team members working worldwide, from North America, Europe to the Middle East and Asia. We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Communication is vital to us, and we rely heavily on Slack, Google Workspace, Asana, Notion, and GitHub to help us stay in sync. All the technology we build is free and open source.
This role is a full-time remote position, and you’re free to work from anywhere. Be advised that most team meetings occur between 8 am and 12 pm Pacific Time (UTC-8/-7). If you're applying from a location where these hours are outside your usual working hours, we expect you to adapt to our meeting times.
What you will be doing:
- Work with the Director of product and team leads to define the vision and roadmap for specific products.
- Oversee and manage the product lifecycle from strategic planning to execution.
- Serve as liaison between engineering, product, marketing, bizdev and comms teams.
- Brainstorm and negotiate effectively with various stakeholders to continuously define feature priority and existing capabilities reuse.
- Establish the product’s goals and review success metrics.
- Identify needs through a combination of user research, collecting feedback from cross-functional teammates and customers, diving into data, and competitive analysis.
- Help prioritize engineering backlog and balance the requirements of customers and stakeholders.
- Ensure we ship a well-crafted product at a timely pace that meets all acceptance criteria.
We're looking for someone that has:
- A strong understanding of blockchain concepts and how they impact product design.
- An established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and a high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, Scaled Agile Frameworks, and principles.
- An ability to solve complex problems and a highly analytical approach.
- Knowledge of how to write features and stories with acceptance criteria.
- The ability to define reusable platform capabilities and APIs.
- Experience working in the blockchain industry.
- A high degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability.
- A BS/BA in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience).
- You're a servant leader that enables and encourages co-workers to share their ideas regardless of their seniority or position in the company.
What we offer
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of the Internet
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits like educational budget, fitness and wellbeing spend
- Flexible PTO
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision insurance 100% covered for employees in the US
- 401K Match in the US
- Competitive salary, including equity
Tendermint in the news: