Big Sky Health—creator of the world’s most popular fasting app Zero—is passionate about helping people live healthier, longer lives. Our digital experiences provide information, motivation, and accountability on your path toward wellness. We’re a small, mission-driven, Series A startup with an incredible team of scientific experts and investors. We are looking for thoughtful collaborators and strategic self-starters who are driven and care deeply to positively make an impact on the health and well-being of millions of people.
Big Sky Health is 100% remote, with team members working from their favorite desks in Los Angeles, Toronto, Lisbon, Nairobi, and yes, Big Sky, Montana. We offer competitive salary and benefits, unlimited time off, and a stipend for making your work space work for you. We’re comfortable with and enthusiastic about working across time zones and hiring globally. While maintaining the flexibility to work from anywhere, we require all to have some overlapping hours with Mountain Time working hours.
About the role
The UX Designer will assist with growth and conversion projects for our subscription-based fasting product, Zero Plus. We’re looking for a dynamic teammate with a considered, human-centered approach to interaction design who can work collaboratively across our fully distributed Design, Product, and Engineering orgs. You’re a nimble, critical thinker with experience solving conversion and revenue challenges in the subscription app and SaaS spaces.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to a focused set of projects around user and subscriber growth
- Rapidly ship and iterate with Product and Engineering to solve user and business challenges via test-and-learn experiments driven by KPIs and interaction data
- Represent our users and their needs while balancing business drivers, build relationships with cross-functional team members, and effectively communicate and represent your design processes and solutions
- Ensure consistency across our experiences by using and evolving our design systems
- Participate in research explorations, critique sessions, and competitive analysis
- Understand our users’ needs, motivations, and behaviors through a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Understand the intersection of our business KPIs and best practices for interaction design to develop ideal solutions that solve for both
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of experience in product design
- An optimistic problem solver and creative thinker who enjoys difficult design challenges and can prove out their design solutions
- A thorough design portfolio with case studies of projects you’ve directly owned or contributed to, as well as detailed explanations of your work’s impact on the user experience and/or KPIs
- Deep experience in Figma and/or Sketch required. Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Lottie, and Framer a plus
- Experience in balancing ambiguity, fast iterative sprints and/or product requests, and high design quality
- Ability to work closely with your cross-functional partners to quickly identify user problems, define KPIs, iterate on possible solutions, and create considered experiences
- You adapt quickly to change and are open to critical feedback in order to continuously grow and improve
*If the above describes you please be sure to submit your portfolio along with your resume.*
We’ve got big dreams, a wonderful team, strong traction and an exciting roadmap. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and identities. Bringing on new talent is an opportunity for us to enrich our company culture with brand new perspectives. Join us!