Grafana Labs is the company behind Grafana, a popular open source tool for visualizing and analyzing metrics with its instantly recognizable dashboards. With both its open source technology and enterprise products, Grafana Labs allows organizations to understand their metrics no matter where they are stored, and create, explore, and share dashboards to foster a data-driven culture. Founded in 2014, Grafana Labs has grown rapidly ever since. We are believers in the power of global, distributed teams: Talent is not limited by borders, and great workplaces are made up of exceptional colleagues. We have aggressive growth plans and are an ambitious, hardworking, and friendly team.
UX team at Grafana Labs:
Grafana has at least 2.7 million users, so improving the user experience will have a huge impact. A lot of other systems integrate with it and there are many points where this can be a challenging experience, especially for new users. As a UX Designer in the Grafana team, you will be working closely with the engineers and other UX designers on an every-day basis and will be interacting with the Grafana open source community and some of our customers.
The UX team is 6 people and we are growing! Our backlog is full of work waiting for you. You will be able to mix more strategic and high level work with creating mockups. You may be working on a new software onboarding experience, try to solve complex navigation issue such as dashboard search, work on tricky interactions in visualisation editing panel or produce mockups for the new User Profile page. You can count on fast feedback cycles: We run company-wide feedback sessions weekly, and our software is continuously being released – your ideas will be put into users’ hands very quickly.
With this application, we ask you to provide a portfolio that does not only shows nice pictures, but also mentions your actual process and concrete contribution to the respective projects.
- You are comfortable working in a remote-first company; communication is key. For us, working together means being collaborative, friendly, kind and respectful. We operate by consensus, you can contribute to a discussion but then commit to the team decision.
- You have at least a couple of years of experience as a UX or UI designer. We are a small Design Team working remotely on a product used by almost 3 million users – the ability to work on your own and ship designs is crucial.
- You have a good understanding of a holistic UX process and have a strong user-centered approach when making design decisions. You easily build an understanding of users’ context, goals, and motivations.
- You enjoy talking to users to gather and evaluate requirements and ideas. At the same time, you know how to recognize ideas and solutions that bring the biggest value to them and have the biggest impact on their experience.
- You know how to transform insights into ideas – you are able to prototype and validate them by yourself, through further research or usability testing. You are able to communicate those ideas clearly and are solid in written and spoken English.
- You have a good understanding of accessibility in web solutions and have experience designing solutions that follow accessibility standards.
- You enjoy working on complex solutions – Grafana is a highly technological solution and has avid followers who rely on it every day and care deeply about their workflows.
Equal Opportunity Employer- At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.