Who We Are
Nacelle is a headless progressive web app (PWA) solution built for online retailers who are dissatisfied with slow page load speeds and low mobile conversion rates. With Nacelle, retailers deliver lightning-fast customer experiences through PWA storefronts optimized across all devices, are SEO friendly and pair seamlessly with eCommerce platforms like Shopify. We partner with top retailers including Something Navy, Boll & Branch and Barefoot Dreams.
We are an early stage, venture-backed, fully remote company. Our institutional investors include Index Ventures and Accomplice Ventures. We also have raised from notable angels including leaders from Shopify Plus, Attentive, and Klaviyo.
We are looking for a creative and driven Visual/Graphic Designer to join our marketing team. As one of the first design hires, you will be the expert and go-to person in bringing our brand and content to life through visual design.
From defining requirements, visualizing and creating assets, you’ll be the one to shape the visual aspects of Nacelle’s website, blogs, ebooks, presentation decks, videos, exhibitions and more. The goal is to inspire and attract Nacelle’s target audiences with designs that capture interest, set us apart and communicate the right message.
This role will report directly to the VP of Marketing and will work closely with our content team on perfecting our brand image and supporting our content and campaign strategies. This will include refining our visual identity, ensuring consistency across all channels and creating visual assets that resonate with each target audience.
Please include samples of your work (portfolio or links to published assets) along with your application.
- Refine Nacelle’s visual branding
- Work closely with the content team to ensure all content and campaigns are brought to life with visuals that resonate with our target audiences and generate leads
- Design assets from ebooks, video, webinars, sales decks, one pagers, exhibitions, website, blogs, print and promotional assets for campaigns
- Update our website and existing content as needed
- Identify customers’ needs and craft new designs for them
- Study campaign briefs and determine design requirements and timelines
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Develop assets using various design software
- Test design assets across various media and platforms
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final designs and layouts are visually appealing, on-brand and optimized for all mediums or devices
- Present new design ideas and processes
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field
- 5+ years of proven work experience as a Designer or similar role
- Solid knowledge of design and visual principles
- Keen eye for aesthetics and detail
- Creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design
- Mastery of design software and technologies
- Experience with various types of visuals across graphics, typography, layouts, photography, illustrations, animations and more
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and be flexible for last minute changes or requests
- Strong listening and communication skills
- The capacity to work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated excellence in creating visual assets
- A strong portfolio to showcase creative and design skills
Nice to Have:
- Startup experience
- Tech company experience
- Video experience
- Work experience in an agile team
- Remote work history
- Marketing team experience
- Unlimited vacation + 9 US holidays
- Fully remote
- Competitive health insurance plan and unlimited sick days
- Learning and development
- Tools and technology provided